Sign in to follow this  
g-dub

G60 Fueling,

can i run my G60 drag car on racing fuel, spoke to a chap at pod yesterday selling the stuff, he say's basically the fuel is leaded and vairies from 103-130octane fuel and said that it's not suitable for cars with CAT's, as mine is removed can i do this or should i just stick to the optimax + octane booster :?:

not sure what answer you are loking for but..

there are a few things that can boost octane levels. the advantages are that you can throw in some more timing which invariably makes more power than boost but brings on det as the fuel explodes to soon. unless your car is mapped for 110 ron or whatever then it aint gonna take much advantage of it. unless its already detting

looking to get the best performance out of the car, as the car is used only for the strip was just trying to see if it would be worth it, if it's gonna do damage to the car then obviously i will over look this, but if it's ok, then in effect it's upping my power so i can up my boost to match for even greater power.

also

saw a mk1 g60 do it in 14.20 with only a small amount of mod's Stg 4, zorst, chargecooler, filter is this an excetptional time or do you reakon i'll be beating this with a mk2 golf :shock: with around 300 ponys

my mk 1 did those times consistently last year.should be in the thirteens now. i use optimax and millers CVL which is a valve lub with octane boost,takes the fuel to 102 ron.had my timing advanced with no detonating at all.highly recomended stuff as well.