Pete

Starting issue help pls

Hi guys, today's little irritation is that I'm struggling to start the car after its warmed up.

If I drive a while so its hot, then park, the next time I try to start the car (even if it's the next day) the first time it won't so I reset the ignition and it starts perfectly on the second attempt.

If I drive the car a short while so it hasn't had chance to warm up, it starts the next time fine.

My local garage reckons it could be vapour lock, but doesn't know how to fix it. I also notice my fuel pump buzzes but could be incidental.

Any ideas? I'm happy to change whatever I need, but I do not want to spend lots of money if it might not even fix the problem...?

Ta.

Pete.

Yes, it chugs but won't catch. Sometimes it keeps chugging, sometimes it just stops, but I now do it once so as not to burn the starter out then retry.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Just off the phone with DG, he said its the fuel pump before I mentioned it buzzing!

Might get the pump done and book I not into DG for a proper going over...