tonytiger

Chris Knott seem very competitive right now but.....

..were narrowly beaten by Adrian Flux for me this year (when pushed).

The initial renewal price from Flux for my unmodified VR6 was £341. That's for 3000 miles, unmodified, kept on drive, £250xs, 13 years ncb (protected), no points, 1 no fault accident 4 years ago, and I'm 39 (driving for 22 years). My saxo vtr renewal is also due at the same time, and my renewal price was a shocking £666 - no mileage limit, £100 xs, 4 years ncb, kept on drive.

The cheapest prices I could find was from CK, at £332, and £492. Very helpful on the phone and notably cheaper than the rest. The next best quotes were Prestige Carclub at £550 for the saxo but with £450xs NOT protected, and Sky with £582 (protected) for the Saxo, and a whopping £542 for the Corrado.

Adrian Flux then re-quoted me £326 for the vr, and £480 for the saxo - so to save hassle, and a tad more money, I've stuck with them. It was tempting to switch to CK though as their quotes were so good straight away, were very helpful on the phone, and flux were having a laugh with the initial 'best' renewal price.

I think my postcode is risk D, which isn't great, but even after reducing the total renewal price by £200, I still feel like I've been robbed.

Last year I didn't bother to ring around, and just auto-renewed - perhaps that's why my renewal was so high this year, assuming I wouldn't bother and would just pay it. Well, I'll not be doing that again!

Renewal for my VR from Footman James is £441 which seems pretty high for a garaged car on a limited mileage / classic policy! :(

Getting sick of being shafted by insurers :(

I got insured on my VR6 through adrian flux last monday, they quoted me £290 fully comp, 3000 miles a year limited milage, unmodified car, 10 years no claims parked on driveway and im 28 years old. I was really happy with the price. Id imagine my insurance is slightly cheaper to to my location(swansea postcode)?

Forgot to say, I've got commuting cover on both cars - though I haven't driven the corrado to work for about 3 years now - so I know that will add a bit to the price. I think I tried Footman James a couple of years ago, and they were either too expensive, or wouldn't do commuting cover, can't remember which.

But I know it varies person to person, and day to day.

What's really annoying is that most of the brokers use the same group of insurance companies anyway - so apart from brokers fees, there really shouldn't be much difference in price no matter which broker you get a quote from. I noted in the small print from flux, it mentions a broker fee of about £60 I think, and I presume that doesn't include the £30 policy issue fee. So on that basis, the corrado insurance is actually really only £240 !!! If only.