ray_vr6

Low Oil Pressure Warning Light.

I recently fitted an oil pressure gauge and vdo twin pole sender. When the oil temperature got to approx. 90 degrees and at idle speed the oil warning light started flashing. I read on the forum that the sender should be one that had a 0.5 bar low warning setting and as mine had 1.5 I changed it but still the same result. I then tried 10w40 oil – same result. I was then advised it was probably the oil pump so I ordered one but before fitting decided to go back to the original pressure switch (blue) and the light no longer flashes!

Does anyone have any ideas - I might as well change the pump since I have bought it but wondered if there is another explanation

i think from the sound of it the sender has a reversed operation to the OEM ones, so instead of opening at 90 oC and idle speed it closes and brings the lamp on.

I have a similar issue on my 20v conversion as the new 20v sender and the old 16v sender were opposite in operation so the light is constantly flashing even with a very happy pressure reading! To get around it i'm gonna fit a relay in series with the switch to re-flip the operation back to std! hope that helps, may not be the answer but worked for me!