Sign in to follow this  
rallyeman

Broken G lader

I don't like the sound of this. There were some small flecks in the throttle body, and I probably travelled about a mile before stopping as there was nowhere to stop. Would you suggest taking the head off to check? Knowing my luck so far with the G60 I've probably scored the bores and damaged the valve seats. I'll look forward to an expensive rebuild then.

yes removal of the head is crucial as you will probably have metal fragments inside your head and cylinders, hopefully you havent damaged your bores or head good luck :(

Right, I've got the bearings from the intermediate shaft out now so here it goes they are - large bearing FAG 6003 03 RP, this had very little grease behind the seals and was notchy to turn and had side to side play - culprit?? the small bearing was a FAG 6002 03 RP the smaller bearing was in good condition spun freely, plenty of grease. What do you think?

The numbers above are the numbers taken from the bearings that I removed from the charger on the intermediate shaft. Thast was my question are th bearings I took out the right bearings? Obviously not, from those part numbers listed directly above.

Yep, 6002 and 6003 are the correct denotations for the bearings. C3 refers to the tollerence, this is the clearence left in between the ball bearings and the faces they run on. C3 leaves plenty of tollerence for ex[antion in hight RPM applications. RS denotes the bearings are rubber shielded packed with grease, other codes such as 'zz' refer to the bearing having metal shilds. '2RS'is the correct spec for a charger.... Although not a lot of people know that RS bearings come in a lot of forms packed with different greases. Some specs are not man enough for a charger. RP?? not sure on that spec.