jonnygti

2L 16v stainless systems?

Hey guys im after soucing a stainless system for my 2L 16v, in the past i used Remus on my golfs but am having trouble finding something thats not blowing my wallet apart ie supersprint lol.

Any advice? ps dont want a dronie loud boy racer sound must be livable with in my 30's now :-(

i keep seeing jetex systems all over the place seem to be the most available never had any dealings with them though, anyone got or tried them?

I used to have a jetex system on a peugeut 205 gti and i hated it.While i didnt want anything boy racer loud,i did expect a little noise at least but it sounded not much different to the original peugeot exhaust.Wasnt impressed.Dunno about on the corrado though,might be a different case altogether.Ive had a scorpion on mine since i got it (14 years!) and its been fine,and sounds good.

Maybe try powerflow,tend to be reasonable price and you can get them to build it to however you want within reason,amount of silencers,tailpipes,sizes etc.Make it as loud or quiet as you want

i used to work at a centre that made and fitted powerflow systems and to be honest they were poorly put together and welded with low grade stainless wire, they used to come back sooo often lol. not that im condeming all powerflow outlets just my experience, this is getting tricky lol

Ive known quite a few mates with everything from scoobys and evos to golfs and focus st's that have had powerflow on them and never had any trouble.Strange,maybe the fitters were drinking too much of that scrumpy down in devon mate lol

thats a good idea chap, what have you had done to your 2L anything interesting? i've been thinking of the 1.8 inlet cam and a 50mm inlet manifold

Kept it standard mate.Only thing thats been changed is the exhaust.The original vw one went not too long after i bought it so got stainless steel cat back scorpion one for it.Ive not even changed the wheels.Still got the estorils on.I didnt want to change anything on it.Ive had cars in the past that ive done bits and bobs to (180bhp renault 5 turbo was my baby) but i wanted to keep this standard.

still got the estorils on mine to however i need to overhaul them (famous laquer peel) love the look of them on the car. renault gtt were great fun i agree, i had a mk1 astra gte that was my baby back in the day oh how i miss her lol