yacobwood

Computer techy's estimate please

How much do you think this is worth today? Practicaly brand new. Paid £755 in May

"Titan 8200a Krypt PRO" AMD Bulldozer FX-4 4170 4.20GHz DDR3 Quad Core System

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-Bit - OEM (GFC-02050)

XFX HD 6870 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

CM Storm Enforcer Gaming Case - Black

Intel 330 Series 60GB 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Hard Drive - Retail

I've posted it in the price check forum of Overclockers (I assume that's where you bought it anyway?). I'll copy any replies here if it gets any.

Unfortunately there was no response to my price check for you on the other forum.

I was holding myself from trying to value this for you due to fact I have never bough a PC in one go and also never sold one as a whole unit. So I am only familiar with parts prices...

CPU new is worth around £100 new. So 2nd hand - well less than that ofc (probably around £70-80 if you are lucky)

Graphic card is worth around £150 new, but second hand you can buy for just under £100.

Case is around £70 new, but second hand: £50-60 (unless it's scratched, etc....)

SSD new is £50, 2nd hand around £35-40 - to give you a better estimate I recently got my 120GB SanDisk Extreme for £55 only.

Windows 7 Home Premium (OEM) you can get for £70 from Amazon.

Without knowing what motherboard you have, how much RAM and Power Supply, it's hard to say about the rest. Also do you know if you have just stock cooler or aftermarket one, if so which one?

I suspect you bought this from Overclockers as they list similar spec PC but with slightly better graphics, 8GB of RAM (no brand provided), 650W PSU (no brand provided) and AMD 760G chipset motherboard (no brand provided).

Keep in mind, when selling a full working unit you cannot just add price of the parts together. Whole unit will always be slightly more expensive, as it will come with Operating System and well all bits already assembled. But this should give you a rough estimate... sorry couldn't be more helpful. It's one thing to sell PC as one unit, and it's a different story to get it part by part. Think it's only Corrado's that are worth more in parts than as a whole unit (sic) :( What I'm saying you should price it up more than just price of parts.