Relics

Hello Forum

Hello everyone. A few weeks ago i sold my Focus, thinking i could live without a car (yes, i am a colossal idiot). Up until earlier this week i had never even seen a Corrado, but a new acquaintance asked me what i drove, and when i said nothing he told me he was getting rid of a Mk 1 Corrado. I went to see it and WOW, what a beautiful car. It is a 1990 1.8 16V in Red. After a brief tyre kick i am now sorting out insurance and tax, and will pick up the car next week.

The car is in need of a little TLC, (front wing and seats are in need of most sorting out) which the previous owner had planned to do but never got round too.

So i will be asking 101 stupid questions as my car knowledge is fairly minimal, and i have never done any car restorations before. Any tips on the general running and day to day care of the car would be greatly appreciated also. If anything this should be a lot of fun.

Good to be here

Relics

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Just for the record there are no Mk1 or Mk2 etc Corrados. They tend to get referred to in spec terms as 'early' or 'late'. Not being pedantic, just thought it might save some headaches if you're talking to insurance companies.

Thanks for that, as you can see i am a little ignorant on the Corrado, but i am looking forward to learning

Welcome aboard! :) Thankfully the 1.8 16v is not a particularly complicated or high maintenance engine - just service it regularly and keep on top of general maintenance - they're supremely reliable!

Welcome aboard and make sure you post some pictures up. If you haven't found it yet, the advance search is a great facility. Whatever frustrations you may have, chances are they've been covered (sometimes many) times before.

Also a top tip use google search. Type this...... Site:the-corrado.net any question (e.g Site:the-corrado.net front bumper removal). This has saved me a lot of time in the past