Jon94VR

VR6 fan issue

Had the car vagcom'd the other day and the only thing on there was an intake manifold temperature sensor fault, so changed that and now the fan is on permanently, any ideas?

What stage is the fan running at when it comes on (how loud is it)? Does it run when the ignition is on but before the engine is started?

Quite loud, can hear it all the time, sounds like a hoover! Yeah it comes on when the ignition is on before the engine is started

Do you have 3 senders in the thermostat housing at the front of the engine? I wonder if the connectors for the intake temp sender and stage 3 fan (rightmost sender in the housing) have been mixed up...

Thermostat looks ok, had the car vag-com'd today as only had normal code reader on it, still throwing up the same error, though its saying open to plus on the intake manifold temperature sensor

Had a look at the sensor and the plug barely stays on it tbh, as I work for ECP got one from there, but think I'll go and get a geniune one from VW and try that out, unplugged it for now as the fan was doing my head in! Luckily not using the car till the weekend so got time to sort