andyhudson

wanted tow bar

I'm after a tow bar, don't really want one that requires bumper to be cut but if that's all that people have then I may take it and modify it. Don't think it makes adifference but its a 92 corrado.

Cheers andy

If you have no luck and can wait a bit until i get chance to remove it. My car came with one that didn't need bumper cutting. Half is already off but part of it is still bolted underneath the car. £15 and not too far away?

they are as rare as rocking horse poo on the second hand market bud but there is one on fleabay if that helps :) good luck

the one i saw was a new one sorry item number is 280862762008 i was lucky to get a second hand one but they are rare :(

I 've got a vw detachable towbar which i've removed from my car but requires a cut out in the bumper.

I'm looking for one that doesn't require any cutting. Do you think it could be cut and welded ect and changed to allow it to be used with out cutting bumper?

if you can make something of it you can have the half of that one I've got which was attached to my car?

This is the one that was welded on right? If you could send us a few pics of it? ill have a quick look and see if its of use and if so that would be great

Finally found a detachable towbar that does not require bumper cut.

It's the Walting PVW40DT model. Cost me £200 on Ebay, but a price worth paying to avoid permanently defacing my C!

Piece-a-**** to fit too, four bumper bolts out, slid it in, bolt bumper back up.

Adjust bumper on the mounting bracket to re-set the panel gap.

Female spade connectors go straight onto purpose made terminals on back of rear light clusters, so no need to cut into any wiring.

I'm going to mod it further to hide the electric socket behind the bumper, just leaving oblong socket visible under bumper.

Will post photo when done.

Took the trailer to work last week to get some firewood that was going begging after a tree blew down.

I work in an automotive engineering office full of petrol-heads, needless to say, I got some grief, not least off a bloke who drives an MGF! lol