tentonhammer

Bonnet Release Faulty

Put my car in the garage over the weekend and they've gone and broken my bonnet release somehow? - the bonnet release leaver is sitting far too high (almost into the fuse bay!) and the bonnet won't close on one side (off side). Weird because the lever still seems to be under tension but is in completely the wrong position. Both bonnet pins seem ok. Haven't had a chance to take a look at it yet but I suspect one of the clips that holds the cable in place has snapped.

Anyone got any pointers before I start pulling things off?

Cheers,

Could be one of the little trumpet shaped things that sits above radiator/slam panel area, might of broke or slipped into the wrong place

take it back and have them correct it, they're obsolete now so if they've done any damage you'll want them to pay rather than try and prove something you found at home is their fault

Hi G60,

I'd like to (and want to) but unfortunately they're convinced it was like that when I brought it in to them... of course it wasn't. I really wish they were just honest about it as they're a great garage. They're also fully booked now until Sat and i need to get it fixed asap. Like I said, only one side of bonnet is locking. Will try and have a butchers tonight

They are a ****ty design, i renewed all mine, it worked great for about 1 month then got stuck again.

All thats holding it in place is the tiny grub screw on the metal trumpet. Its quite easy to reset it all, just need to make sure you do that little screw up really tight, or thread lock it in etc, I'm thinking of putting an extra something on mine to stop it sliding

I've heard it's meant to be a pretty ****e design, gives me an excuse to go over the whole thing and 'improve' it any way ;)

To be fair the lever has been playing up for a while, I've had to pump it a couple of times to release the bonnet