Saichy

9a exhaust

Hi all. Im just looking into whats the best system i can get for my 9a? 4-2-1 manifold to cat. Also cat back aswel. At the moment its running standard exhaust manifold and has got a scorpion cat back system which im not too keen on as the sound it produces it pituful. Im after sounding that will give a nice sound that you can hear but not over the top. Any info will be great thanks.

Dan

Just fitted a new Jetex cat back system (not silenced but street legal) to my 9A over the weekend, it replaced my old rusty Powerflow system and is an OEM fitment so bolts straight on. The Jetex is definately better, everything's polished and ready to fit, and it sounds throaty, airy and deep instead of being tinny, loud and obnoxious like most sh*te exhausts you hear theses days - it definitely isn't an exhaust for chavs basically. Cost approx £350 + labour

Edited by tentonhammer

Where did you buy it from? As for fitting i can do that myself no problem. What kind of tail pipe does the system come with? Ant pics mate

Sounds great, and is way better than my old Powerflow system. It really opens up at around 5000RPM and gets progressively more aggressive. It's not the sort of exhaust that will get the cops attention right away in traffic around town but open it up and well, you'll know about it.

If you want to the same Jetex exhaust can be supplied with a fitted silencer to quieten it down (much like the OEM exhaust) if that's your thing

Thats sounding like its what im after. I like an exhaust to have a nice grumble on idle and when you press the shouty peddle for the exhaust to respond. Like the system ive got on my mk2 golf altho that runs rich so when ur giving it sound and change gear around 5500rpm it back fires :) i think i will look into this jetex system then mate. I know its a long shot but if your bored and get 5mins could you do a video of the sound? If not its ok but thanks for all the info :)

CORRECTION: Exhaust opens up around 4000RPMS. Re-checked this morning ;)

Can't go wrong with it. Unless of course you're missing the OEM mounts attached to the underside of the car (as what happened with me). The old Powerflow system was thrown on by the looks of it damaging / partially removing the middle exhaust mount. As a result the new Jetex taps the rear axle from time to time (only when Idle) - I'm taking it back to the garage this weekend hopefully to get it sorted out as stuff like this bothers the f*ck outta me. Normally I'd take care of stuff like this but when you've just spent over 400 big ones, the garage can bloody well sort it out! When it's sorted I'll see what I can do re video of sound.

another vote for jetex system, i run mine with a custom four branch and a custom de-cat, sounds excellent... jetex replaced the centre silencer after one of the welds blew free of charge and got it to me within a couple of days! great after slaes service

I would take it back aswel mate if i was you. Like you say when your spending that kind of money you expect it to be bang on. From what ive seen on the underside all the oem hangers are still intack so im hoping it should be a straight forward fit. Looks like this is the system i might go for. Thanks for the info and looking forward to seeing a video if you can sort one out :)