matasj89

Cheap insurance - in need of advice

Hello there!

I'm new to this forum but hopefully someone can answer me some questions...

I had my RHD Corrado for 3 months now. It was insured with Tesco's insurance (just because they seemed to be the cheapest). 6 days ago they have canceled my insurance without any notice or even trying to contact me. When I rang them up I was told that they haven't had enough details about me and that I was supposed to supply them with additional documents, although they haven't asked me for them. Will it affect my price of the insurance with other insurers because it was canceled?

The other thing is I've been living in UK just a little over a year now. I'm going to get the supplement for my EU drivers license - hopefully that should lower the insurance costs as well. With the no claims discount - I've owned 2 corrados in the past 5 years back in my country which were LHD. The problems I face now - I have been insured for 4 years back in my country and had no accidents but insurance companies there do not keep records about you if you haven't done any offenses - the price is mainly based on the age. What I've been told for the NCD is to ask police for the records if i had been involved in any accidents and whether it was my fault since the day i've got my full driving license. I still don't know whether it would be sufficient for a proof of NCD and whether the fact that i've been driving the same car although LHD for the past 5 years would lower the cost?

Its a 1991 1.8 16v Corrado (100KW) and i'm 23 years old and I've been paying 54£ a month for my insurance.

when i bought the VR6 i had to start a new policy as i didnt want to move my other car so in short i started with no NCD.

The key here for me was to insure the car on a restricted millage classic policy, it does not insure me for work etc but i dont need the car for that anyway so to be honest it depends what you use the car for and all sorts of other think like where the car is stored, how far you drive, what the car is used for and a multitude of other parameters but to be fair i dont think that £54 is too bad.........i pay up front for mine, im 26 with 6 points on my licence and its £450

im sure someone else on here will give you better advice but its a start

The problem is - I don't want to be insured with a company that can cancel your insurance whenever without notice, as I only found out yesterday (that is 6 days after it has been canceled) and i was hundreds of miles away from home.