sexybourbon

sound bars

Me and the girlfriend are moving in to our first flat together this weekend and we watch quite a few films and series on the box so was thinking of getting a sound bar instead of a full system with speakers dotted everywer

The living room is pretty big so not sure what power i need as thers some 2.1 3.1 amd 5.1 wich i dont know really wat it means

Can anyone recommend out , im not looking for massive loud sound as itl **** the neigbours off

Also not got a massive amount of cash as iv just laid over a grand out unexpectedly just before christmas

These are a few ebay nums of ones iv been looking at

Fire away

To answer a simple (ish!) question. The zero-point-one refers to a sub. The other number is the number of main speakers. So 2 is just stereo i.e. two main front speakers (L&R). 2.1 is the same but with a sub. 3.1 will have an additional (front) centre speaker (usually dedicated to dialogue). 5.1 is more like a true surround setup because it also includes two rear speakers. 7.1 takes it a step further and throws in a couple more for the sides as well.

I don't have any hands on experience with sound bars, but what's the budget? There might be other (better) options.

in my kef 3005se , i replaced the the centre and 2 fronts with a monitor audio soundbar, you lose a a bit of that "stereo" sound quality as the speakers arent spread as far out , but the overall quality of sound is still very good good.