tom_rob_89

Hello everyone, could someone give me some lowering advice please? :)

hello all, I am thinking of getting some lowering springs for my 2.0 8v and im just wondering if i will need to upgrade anything else like the spring caps? or if they will just fit strait on with all standard parts? I'm thinking off getting apex -35mm. Also are most c's springs the same apart from the VR?

thank you anyone that could give me some advice :)

Shouldn't need to change spring caps and those springs sound like they'd be fine but I think yours may be complicated by being a 4 cylinder but a very late model... just make sure you don't get a VR6 spring kit :)

Ok thank you for your reply. So is it just the vr6's that are different so any other springs should be ok? Would u suggest putting a new set of standard shocks on it or changing any bushes at the same time?

It really depends how much you want to spend. If money is no object then absolutely worth replacing the shocks (if you don't know how many miles they've done) as well as using the chance to refresh the bushes... but as I say, really depends on your budget.. cost can spiral quite quickly if you get carried away!

Corrado feels SO good once everything is replaced / renewed though!

I've got a lowering spring kit for sale in the next week or so buddy as an 8v i just bought has been lowered, no idea which type it is but i like to use standard height springs as i'm getting on a bit :lol: so these will go soon.

yeh jim thats what i really want to do, just make it feel better on the road and more like it did 15 years ago lol. Money of course is an issue though lol. Are there any other parts that people recomend changing on these cars to inprove on the ride and handling ?

kipvw so is it just the springs to go on my standard shocks? do u know how much lower they are cos im only looking for about a 35mm drop lol dnt want it scrapping lol, do they feel like they ride nice on the car they are on? how much would u be thinking for them? cheers man :)

Also HAPPY NEW YEAR!!