sam2.0

Slow start & cutting out

2 things have happened recently with my C, and just wanted some feedback to see what it could be.

1. Driving along the other day and the stereo kept turning off and on. I gave it a new battery 3 days ago, so it can't be that. The missus said that it was weird, I explained it could be down to the ignition switch controlling the switched power. I Touched my key and the engine cut out, I lost all power for a second before lights came back on. Am I right in thinking this key sensitivity is down to the ignition switch? Could it be something else?

2. The start up isn't always great on my C, but this morning was the worst. It sounded like it fired on 1 cylinder very slowly and with me giving some gas it slowly came to life over 4-5 seconds, sounded like an old car or plane starting up. Thoughts?

What engine is it?

Ignition switch definitely sounds like it's buggered and yes, being very sensitive to key position can be one of the symptoms of it on the way out.. so look to get that replaced asap. The rough starting could be any number of things unfortunately and possibly not related to the ignition switch!

Have you checked the operation of the alternator? Even a new battery will go flat very quickly (hours if you have headlights on) if the alternator has failed.

Do you know how to check the charge with a multimeter?