Mark261288

help. problem after clutch change.

Hi. I've just had my gearbox out to change the rear crankshaft seal and new clutch, gear oil etc. Ive put the whole lot back together and for some reason my passenger side wheel is locked solid. It doesn't matter if the car is in gear, out of gear, clutch in or out it will not budge at all. The the drivers one is as you would expect it to be. ( spinning when the engine is turned over in gear etc).

I cant for the life of me figure out why or how it would do this.. Im thinking maybe i have put a long bolt back in where there should be a short one and its locked something inside the box?

If any one has had this issue any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

sorted it. never mind.

Edited by Mark261288

it was completely unrelated. for some reason my brake calliper had jammed itself on. Im not sure how or why it had done this but i was planning a 288mm upgrade anyway. just need the new brake lines.

On the plus side my clutch change was a great success.

Thanks, Mark

How difficult was it getting the box on and off? Did you manage to do it in a day?

I've got serious clutch judder so I need to have a look at mine ASAP........

Getting the box off without a lift is utter ballache tbh! It's heavy and awkward etc. Doable, but much better with another pair of hands to help.

i had to stop a few times, i needed some new spline bits to undo the flywheel. I was also waiting for a day or so for my new crankshaft seal and new startor motor to arrive. It doesnt seem like a bad job but as always with these things silly little things consume time. i guess it all depends how handy you are. im pretty much a novice when it comes to jobs like this and it took me 3 days but i wasn't in any rush. One of the bolts in the back gearbox mount was a pain to get out and there is a bolt just above where your driveshafts connect to the box that was hard to get at. Other than that it wasnt too bad.

---------- Post added at 8:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:47 PM ----------

i managed by wrapping a rope around it, getting a friend to try and hold some of the weight off the box. I then rocked the box loose and dropped it onto my chest.. Id recommend draining the oil first to try and get some weight off.

p.s if you get broken ribs from trying this im not responsible.