Purple Tom

4 x nearly new 195/65R15 Michelin Alpin 4 Winter Tyres on 15x6 5x100 alloy wheels

Hi,

I thought this might be a rather good time to offer these wheels and tyres for sale. They are a set of 4 Michelin Alpin 4 winter tyres in 195/65R15, fitted to a set of 5x100 15x6 alloy wheels.

If you've never had winter tyres then you don't know what you're missing, but if you have and you've driven in snow or just on cold roads then you'll know how good they are. These are a particularly good tyre - review on tyretest.com here - and really are a revelation in the snow. Also, winter tyres are suitable for temperatures of 7 degrees C or below so they can be used all winter. I really can't stress just how good they are when it comes to make safe progress on the slippery stuff.

The tyres have covered about 4000 miles. 2 of them have 8.5mm tread and 2 of them have 7.5mm tread so there is LOADS of life left in them.

The wheels are genuine VAG and would have originally been fitted to the 8L Audi A3. They're nice simple wheels and make for great winter wheels because they're a simple design and therefore easy to clean! They're also exceptionally light, I've never weighed them but compared to a set of 16" Montreal II wheels they weigh next to nothing. They are standard VAG fit...57.1mm CB, 5x100. I can confirm that they DO fit over 288mm brakes and they will also clear the larger 256mm vented rear discs as fitted to big power Mk4's, Leon's, A3's etc.

The tyres are the right size for Mk4 platform vehicles although they will fit Corrado's and mk3's however they'll be a bit bigger than standard. If you need some wheels quickly though they'll do the job unless your motor is lowered more than 20mm or so.

The wheels themselves are in pretty good condition and I've modified the centre caps so they've VW branded rather than Audi. A couple of the wheels have a bit of laquer peel but overall they're very presentable. They're inflated, balanced and ready to fit.

The only reason for sale is because I no longer have a use for them. I had them on my mk4 Golf TDi last winter but now I have a mk4 Golf V5 and unfortunately these wheels won't fit over the 312mm front brakes so I've had to get some 16" winter tyres to go on it instead.

Here's some pictures, including what they looked like fitted to my mk4 TDi just for reference:

file-29.jpg

file-30.jpg

file-28.jpg

file-27.jpg

file-31.jpg

Collection from Derbyshire DE56 please, or I can deliver within 50 miles if you're struggling to travel due to the snow, just cover my fuel and sorted.

Price - £200 collected, £225 delivered. No offers.

Thanks

Tom

This is a steal.

I'm running Alpin A4's this winter and they're fantastic.

Simon - they won't fit the TDi as it's got 312mm brakes so they won't clear the calipers or discs. Nice to see you on the forum too :-)

I'm also afraid to say that the wheels and tyres have now sold, have been picked up by the new owner and fitted to a mk4 TDi so this can now be closed, thanks!

OK thanks Tom - of course it does!

Corrado is running really well by the way; still in daily use and has averaged 60mpg since I've had it, so very pleased (just a bit slippery at the moment!).

Cheers,

Simon