Stonejag

OEM exhaust pjcture request

Please could someone post a pic of the underside of their car, with the stock exhaust on? Had a proper look at mine the other day when it was up on the ramp and I'm sure I'm supposed to have more silencers that I do...

I did search but might be being blind :)

I do have an OEM exhaust and I will hopefully get it on the ramps at the start of next month as it's going to need a full wheel alignment.. if no one comes through before then, hopefully I can help you out!

Please could someone post a pic of the underside of their car, with the stock exhaust on? Had a proper look at mine the other day when it was up on the ramp and I'm sure I'm supposed to have more silencers that I do...

I did search but might be being blind :)

sorry no pixs howerver a standard vr of 95 vintage should have three silencers....... not including the CAT.

you should have a CAT then a pencil silencer joining to the mid section then the back box.

the mid section and back box are a complete section which goes over the top of the rear beam. I've put a split in between the two rear boxes on mine so it was easier to fit and joined them with a sleeve.

not VAG but gives you an idea of what your looking at.....

mid section and back box.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXVW9000-VW-CORRADO-2-9-VR6-9-92-6-95-Exhaust-Box-Tail-Pipe-/300633729383?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item45ff2aa967

which is joined to a pencil silencer like this one's shape.... but the two ends are smaller in length

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-exhaust-middle-box-silencer-1989-1992-Coupe-/400383355480?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item5d38b52a58

then it's joined to your cat.

Edited by delfinis38

then it's joined to your cat.

What cat? :lol:

From underneath it looks like it goes straight from downpipe to the decat pipe, to a long pipe that reaches almost all the way to the rear axle, then a small (maybe 16"x12"?) box before the back box. Would explain why it sounds so 'fruity' (fla's words)! The back box is Magnex so I'm guessing the rest of it's from them as well - I was surprised as I wasn't expecting it to have been done 'properly' given the rest of the poor thing's history...

I need new front wheel bearings, track rod ends, ARBs, wishbones and drop links (plus a few other bits) so I'll try and grab some pics when it's back on the ramps next week :)

Stone