johnmac

Vr abs

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could help me, my abs light stays on, tried VAG-CO0M (cheap one off ebay, it worked fine with my other corrado and connects to engine codes) but wont link, tried changing the latency setting and nothing, any would be great.

Check the VAG-COM scanning & help thread for someone near you who could assist with scanning or post your location and see if there's anyone nearby.

In my experience it's usually a faulty sensor or poor connection that causes the light to stay on.

Also, welcome to the forum!

Thanks i, just seems strange no link at all, been seaching for a week or so on here but came up with apart maybe faulty abs ecu.

Thank you for the welcome aswell.

Thanks for the help guys

---------- Post added at 6:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:53 PM ----------

Hi all, found 3 relays behind the glove box. 2 with fuses 1 is 179 and the other is 79, the one with out a fuse is 179. the 79 with a fuse has a brown wire broken is this to do with my abs light or is it something else?

Yep - they're your ABS relays...

The ECU is behind that panel on the left of the footwell near the door - worth checking the connections to this as well for corrosion

Should just be an earth - brown always is on VW's...

Worth connecting to something to test - maybe stick a fuse on there if it looks burned out incase some current is being fed down there.