sleeper16

Vr6 fault codes.

Hi, Ive got a 94 VR6 with LPG conversion.

Its had an issue for ages where when you give it a bit too much throttle when cold it runs badly missfiring. i was told this was an ecu relay fault i changed that for a brand new one from vw and it ran worse to the point of it not being drivable at all and i had to swap back.

recently this has got worse with the old relay in where it cuts out if reved over say 3k. I scanned with a fault code reader and i got 9 codes! i cleared them ran the engine again and rescanned got the same 9 codes back.

The codes are:

522- coolant temp sensor

527- Intake air temp sensor

533- idle air regulation

Which is Fault on injector #1 through to #6

I also have an issue of the rad fan coming on almost straight after start up.

I have disconnected the blue coolant temp sensor from the end of the crack pipe to see if that was causing rad fan coming on too early but it appears not so i presume that takes care of fault code 522.

527 i believe is the sensor on the side of the intake manifold near the vac line for the brake servo. This code came up before so i bought a modern golf sensor and fitted that but still getting the code.

533 not sure whats causing this, Its had a Brand new ISV so i presume the only things left are the lambda and MAF? where can i get a cheap MAF? i believe i have the later 4 pin one but will check.

Then the injectors... not a clue whats happened there.

Once the engines warmed up a bit the engine runs lovely idle drops from 1k when cold to really low about 800rpm after a minute or two of idling but solid no hunting or going to cut out. revs cleanly and returns back to idle as id expect.

Its recently had a new CPS also.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Much appreciated if anyone could shed even just a bit of light.

Cheers