dan95x

A few piccies of my VR & a relative!

Took a few pics for a previous owner, and I thought you lot may appreciate them too, Anyway:

On her own, with her new wheels (which need refurbing, but I am not doing it till there is no more salt on the road!

DSC_7755.jpg

And a couple with her slightly older sibling!

DSC_7774.jpg

DSC_7795.jpg

:thumbleft:

I believe it was Mike Edwards old car. I bought it from a guy in Cardiff in November, and I think he bought it from the guy who bought it from Mike (if that makes sense!)

It is supposed to be a temporary stop gap car while I find something more sensible for my commute, but I keep ignoring everything that comes up, as it is just so good to drive!

Plus I think the 'rocco is enjoying having a younger sibling to play with!

I always think of the MK2 Scirocco as a bit of a mistake when you look at the MK1 and the MK3 / Corrado... you can see the lineage, and many similar styling quirks.. the Mk2 never really fitted in amongst them tbh!

Definitely agree - you really can see the link when the Mk1 and Corrado are next to each other.

I think that the Mk2 was a bit of a a hashed update of the Mk1 anyway - my understanding is that Guigaro offered a Mk2 design after designing the Mk1, but VW decided it was easier not to pay him, and so did an update in house. Given the Mk2 is essentially the Mk1 in a more '80s suit, I dont think they really tried very hard!

The rear window line, spoiler (when down on the 'rado), stance and proportions are all very similar between a Mk1 and the corrado - particularly evident in side profile