Yega

Buying advice

I must admit that if I were looking now I'd seriously consider a G60 due to the rarity and the fact that the engine is interesting and tunable.

Wow didn't realise that they were so sought after or I'd have looked harder for a G60. Still, I'm happy with mine and you can't beat that VR roar :)

Indeed, it's what first drew me to the Corrado, the VR engine just sounds so awesome. But after doing some reading and research I decided to try out a G60. I will however have a V6 engine in my life one day :)

Jim has kindly offered to take a look at the Nugget one for me this Sunday afternoon, so will see how things go then :)

However, I am still keeping my eyes open for other ones appearing, always good to have a plan B.

VR6: On the positive side you'll never need to buy a head unit again:

[video=youtube_share;8RD0Nyv3bF4]

"You need to rebuild the charger every 10 miles" - lol.

Lovely sounds, but like the video said when things go wrong they really go wrong...

VR6: On the positive side you'll never need to buy a head unit again:

[video=youtube_share;8RD0Nyv3bF4]

Yeah must admit every time I drive mine I think why am I wasting so much time putting thousands of pounds worth of stereo stuff in my car...

What you putting in Jamie? I've upgraded my sound system in the Golf, interested to know what kind of stuff you can fit into the Corrado.

It's all in here mate

the-corrado.net/showthread.php?77873-My-VR-stereo-install-thread&p=941533#post941533

Although most of that will be getting changed its what's lying around now...

Just found out the yellow one that Jim was going to go take a look for me this Sunday sold earlier today.

So off to look for more.

Edited by Yega

If it's as good as it sounds, albeit from a short description, then it's worth seeing. It's s shame there aren't any pictures of the interior to confirm the unmarked interior (cloth interior I guess - when he says unmarked leather he appears to be referring to the gear knob, etc). When I was looking for mine I travelled all over the country until I finally bought mine also in Norfolk. Good luck with it.

Thanks for the comment Portent. I'll give the guy a call and ask for the usual details with the engine and some more pics.

Is the odometer quite easy to mess with in Corrado's? I don't know much about what's involved in that so this might be a silly question. I'm just wondering if I need to worry about the mileage not being genuine on the cars that I look at.

Is the odometer quite easy to mess with in Corrado's? I don't know much about what's involved in that so this might be a silly question. I'm just wondering if I need to worry about the mileage not being genuine on the cars that I look at.

It is always a good idea to check the service history, obviously, for mileage records but also the old tax discs - as they show if the owner had the mileage recorded each time the tax was renewed ;)

Check the MOTs as well but don't get too hung up on mileage mate, a 200k car thats been looked after regardless of cost would be a better buy than a poorly maintained 150k car

Yeah I am trying not to worry about mileage too much.

As to the tax disc, the mileage is recorded by the post office from the MOT reading isnt it?

Yeah I am trying not to worry about mileage too much.

As to the tax disc, the mileage is recorded by the post office from the MOT reading isnt it?

IIRC Back in the day when most of us used the post office for car tax renewal there was a section on the renewal form for mileage but i think it was optional

PS I would highly recommend inspecting the running gear thoroughly - front wishbone bushes, cv boots, tie rod ends etc etc as from experience they are rather expensive jobs to do but make a massive improvement to ride comfort & handling

Corrado's are easy to clock so I'd want to see evidence of the mileage.. definitely.

Funnily enough I'm off to spend a week up at my folks as of next Wednesday and they're in Hunstanton, at the northern tip of Norfolk.. if it's not too far from there and still for sale, I'd (again) be happy to go look at it for you.

Lol Jim, you are truly amazing! I tried ringing him today and phone went to voicemail, will try again now. I'll let you know.

EDIT: Corrado G60 in Norfolk is gone also. I am quite interested in this one but heard nothing back from the seller: http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?78126-Flash-Red-G60-for-%A32250-in-Berkshire Anyone know the bloke?

Edited by Yega