beastie4126

OBD1 Schrick Manifold Vacuum connection help

Evening all,

having spent most of today scraping my knuckles fitting a Schrick manifold I have come to the point of connecting up the vacuum unit to a feed supply. Now the instructions from Schrick and other online sources state that you should be able to tap into the ABS booster hose? Now before I start slashing and hacking at the wrong hose does anyone have an image of what I should be looking for or is there a better place to take a vacuum feed from?

By now you've probably connected the brake servo vacuum hose to the right-hand side of the manifold near the front. Follow this around from the manifold a few inches and you'll find a plastic junction piece in line with the hose with 2 vacuum hose take-off points on it. Remove (gently, they snap easily!) the cap from one and use that for connecting the Schrick.

By now you've probably connected the brake servo vacuum hose to the right-hand side of the manifold near the front. Follow this around from the manifold a few inches and you'll find a plastic junction piece in line with the hose with 2 vacuum hose take-off points on it. Remove (gently, they snap easily!) the cap from one and use that for connecting the Schrick.

Cheers NRC,

I reckon it's time for a vist to Specsavers as I have been staring at that pipe all day and hadn't noticed those take offs at all. Just popped back out to the Garage and spotted them straight away !!