Wendy

The Monthly Meet - Tuesday 26th March - North Oxfordshire- Cancelled due to Weather

Hi All,

Been a bit busy this month, so late in getting to this. Finally here though...................

So, Meeting on Tuesday 26th March, 7.30pm at The Bell in Shennington. OX15 6NQ

Yes, this one is near my location.

Banbury 10 miles

Hope to see loads of you for either a drink or food.

Names please and whether you are eating.

Me - Wendy.. Food

Jim.............. Food

Dude VR6 - Miles..Food

Tempest - Eric... Food

Edited by Wendy

Should be ok with me - and yes for food :)

Thanks as always for organising Wendy.

Sadly a bit far for me this time but will try to make it next time it's more up this way as was good to meet you last month....

Cheers

Phil

An hour away from my work. Will see if the Mrs will let me attend :p

Yega - You could bring the Mrs ?

Just let me know numbers for food.

Another one, food, too.

Anyone know whether access to this pub is Mk1 Rocco friendly (i.e. speedbumps on car park or surrounding roads, etc.) ? Otherwise it´ll be the landshark :)

Tempest

No sorry, don't know. Village roads and narrowish country lanes to get there. With recent rains and lack of kerbs might be muddy though.

Could do Wendy, but its easier if I came straight for work as that's in Chalgrove and live in High Wycombe (35min journey the wrong direction). It should be fine, just need to let her know in advance so that she doesn't plan anything for the evening.

Just arrived back after a week away, so weather bit of a shock, few snow drifts etc on main route from Banbury to mine.

Will update Tuesday morning on Road conditions locally, think anyone with winter tyres would be fine anyway though.

Yes, given current lovely spring temperatures (not) may need to hitch a hike with someone who´s got winter tyres :lol:

Did someone say it was end of March? Maybe on a different planet, but not round ´ere where I´m from :lol:

Tempest

Tuesday night is looking a tad doubtful for me I'm afraid to say now after all... partly because of other plans, but partly also because of sheer car related expense over the last few days which is going some way to annihilating my budgeting for the coming month and we're not even into it yet :( If no more folks show any interest and it's just us regulars, I may have to pass. Sorry :(

I'll keep an eye out for an update on roads and whether this is still on...I should be available.

Clive

Apologies to everyone - for cancelling tomorrow evenings get together.

Having driven around more today, there are quite a few snow drifts, plus the temperatures are not going to rise to make it much better and the wind is still up

So rather than put anyone at risk, cancelling seems the best option. Roll on for Spring weather in April.

Hopefully be a bit milder next month - be nice to be able to nose around the cars in the car park with a beer, rather than being confined to the pub!

I was wondering if this would be cancelled because of the weather... Hopefully it'll be warmer next time as I still plan to come along to one of your more southerly meets, Wendy! Be great to catch up with everyone soon.

Thanks Fay

I went for abit of a drive earlier along some of the very country roads around here earlier and had to turn back the snow drifts in some areas are really deep and cover the whole road. One thing tackling these in daylight -which I did a few, quite another of a dark evening.

So much for thinking I would swop back to Summer Tyres come April - not really looking that way for the time being.

I will get round to offering a meeting point further South soon.

Look forward to catching up with you too Fay and other Corrado owners of course !!! :D

Sounds like a very sensible decision to me! Do you intend to keep the meets on weekday evenings or will you move them to weekends when (not if!!) it gets a bit warmer?

To be perfectly honest - It will probably lead towards a bit of both, dependant on my personal and work diary commitments !!

Well, only fair I reckon if I am organising them !! :D

Hi all

When are looking to meet up next? i'm in Birmingham and would like to attend one of your meets up :)