jaylebon

Hello from new member

Alright lads/ladies,

My names jamie and I have just purchased a corrado 2.0l 16v in gun metal grey. Bought it to bring it back to life, its been stood around for a little while and is having trouble running.

So hope to fix it soon using some excellent knowledge in this community.

Think its a metering head problem as no fuel getting to the top of the head and injectors.

anyway just wanted to say hi. :D

Jamie.

Heck of a lot of new members lately! Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome!

My trick I always quote is to unclip the head from the lower part that holds the filter and lift it up. Put your hand in and feel the metering arm - it pushes upwards. Get a friend to switch the ignition on and push the arm up gently as they do so - you should hear the fuel getting pushed through. Need to check the fuel pump too tho - fuses first.

Try cranking it and push the arm up whilst they are doing it. Worked for me on my 2 Mk2 16v's.

Good luck.

Thanks jamiejamy, i have checked fuses, fuel pump is working can hear it priming and tested that its pumping through which it is. getting pressure to the hose that goes into the base of the metering head, loosened the top 4 and nothing, found a vac hose with a split and fixed that, getting spark and has been running but really badly, but now wont start, so i think its a blockage or sticky metering flap. Havent had another chance to look at it yet. Just want gather some ideas, so manually force fuel through by pushing the arm ok. But another other ideas ? If it is the Flap/ arm how can i fix the issue?

cheers

Cheers guys, cleaned valve, new air filter, cleaned plugs and new air box hose on top of metering head valve as this had huge splits. She runs :) not sure if tune'd to perfection as not sure how to check