dannyboi

starting problem

Ecu relay springs to mind.

It's numbered either 30 or 32 on the relay panel.

dont no much about corrados so where would i find this

thanks

---------- Post added at 9:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:13 PM ----------

Did you use a genuine VW part? what does this one measure?

na i got it from GSF car parts, dunno what it measures but when it was running i disconnected it and the revs dropped, reconnected it and it was running as before,

if that makes sense and help

crap ecu relay causes the car to cut out randomly whatever your driving or not but unlikely because its running after its started.

Could be lots of things, Cracked HT leads,wrong plugs,Coil getting old, Wiring, Dizzy hall sender on the way out,Ecu 1 meter hose disconnected or perished...etc

disconnecting blue temp sender when cold doesnt make slightist difference.only causes problems on idle when warm by overfuelling causing a hunting idle and stalling.

to check to see if it a fuel problem,disconnect the thermocouple switch beside the isv.its a single brown wire that attachs to switch on intake manifold. Touch this off any metal part of the engine and fan will come on.the fuel pump will run too but you cant really hear it(this is the fuel overrun circuit when engine is really hot). Let it run for about 20 seconds and this will make sure your fuel pressure is built up and no airlocks.Reconnect it then try start the car when cold. If no difference start looking at ignition problem