jjgti

Where to get cylinder head work done ?? (2.0 16v 9a)

Right the car has slipped its timing and it has bent 2 valves in cylinder 1, ive taken the head off but before i fit it back i want to get it ported and polished and the valves all re seated etc. dose any 1 know of some 1 who can do this and is known for their good work and what other mods/work that could be done to improve on its air flow/ performance kr cam has been fitted

Hi,

Dave Crissel 'the man in a shed' is well regarded for porting/polishing VW cylinder heads:

http://www.sciroccoregisterforum.co.uk/carforum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8593

ClubGTi may still have an ongoing group buy for members only. There is a lot of information about cylinder heads e.g. bolt undoing/tightening sequences on their forum.

Bear in mind that if you go down this route you'll have to adjust the fuelling to compensate. I'd give one of the well known tuners Stealth D&G etc a call to see how much this is going to be. If you're still on the original injectors then they'd probably recommend replacement before setting up the fuelling. Injectors are around £50 each.

Regards,

Neil

94 Flash Red 16v

Nice 1 for the info do u know where or what injectors i will need and the number for stealth