Steviet

Aaahhhh G60 starting problems!!!

Ok here goes and the story begins!!!

I have a stage 4 G60 with a couple of little problems but about a 6 weeks ago I parked up, went to the bank, come back and it wouldnt crank over.....Checked for spark and couldnt find one so was looking at coil....Ended up getting the car back on a low loader and a mate had a wiggle of a few connectors and she fired up......All seemed cool!

Two weeks ago I was 100yds from home and start to hear a funny noise from engine bay which within seconds ended up a horrible clacking noise, I pulled over and it stalled. Checked under bonnet for belt snap etc but couldnt see anything. Fired it up and the sound is coming from the supercharger..........Sigh!!! So decided to do a full rebuild on the charger which went well and quite easy actually.... Got it all back in the car and fired it up, hey presto its alive and running sweet as a nut! I was freezing cold so didnt take it for a drive I just let it run while I packed up.

Then the day after I thought id take it for a gentle spin............Wont start! Cranking over but nowt!

Yesterday I spent all day checking terminals and earths but gave up as it wouldnt start and battery was getting lazy.

I closed the bonnet and went home, popped back half hour later to get some tools and thought ill try it one more time....Bang, she fires up straight away!!!! I let her run for a few mins. Turn her off and try to re-start.........And what a surprise she wont start up again.

Any ideas would be really helpfull as my hair is starting to get a bit thin now!!! :bonk:

Sounds very much like the ecu relay is playing up.

Should be 3rd one along on the top row of relays... Numbered either 30 or 32.

They were in loads of vw, seat, Audi of the same era... Would be worth a trip to the scrap yard if you have one close.

I was starting to wonder about relays.......doing my head in!!!

Ill give the scrapy a call on Saturday. Thanks for the suggestion.

If you've got a soldering iron it may be worth opening the relay up and running some fresh solder over all the joints on the pcb... That's what fails, I've done a fair few of mine instead of replacing them.

Think I did a thread on how to do it on here a year or so ago