fonzooorooo

Hi from N/W Leics. ... And a running temperature query(!)

Just done the smart thing, and swapped our '03 polo for a '94 2L 8V 'rado to add to the fleet (mk1 cab, mk2 8V GTI 5 door and B4 passat TDI wagon)

It's a lovely car... 175K miles, been local for most of it's life, original paint, interior looks like a 70K... Everything works, waxoyl's running out of the body. And it's in met grey/violet, which we like!

Anyway...

It's been standing over the winter, and the drive home showed the temp gauge reading VERY low, so I went straight on with oil, filter, air filter, flushed the engine and rad with the garden hose, new thermostat, new coolant, new temp sender.

With that sender, it was running at just over 70 degrees. SO... yesterday I bought another, changed it outside the shop, then drove home. That's reading just under 80 degrees...

With an 87 degrees thermostat, I'd expect the gauge to read something like that... Am I right here? Or chasing rainbows?

Cheers in advance. Think I'll like it on here!

Mine runs at about that temp after fitting new VW thermostat and waterpump-and after talking to other 8v owners on here it seems the 8V's all seem to run cool

Another 8v owner here to confirm low numbers. VR6's run hot, 8valves don't. Just how it is.

Good news then. Excellent.

Cheers for that.

Not used to having numbers on the gauge - just mk1s and mk2s pointing "a bit under 1/2 way up"