Adam_sky

Family acquired rado.

Hi, i have recently been passed on my mothers VR6 corrado and pretty grateful to say the least.

I am an avid vw fan, owner of two mk1's. One, a cabby with power steering and a 1.3 driver which has been a long work in progress project. Finally with a 1.8 8v K-jet engine converted :)

The corrado is in need of some T.L.C as it hasn't been used in almost a year. Bodywork mainly. The engine and general mechanical / underpinings are in good condition.

I am currently using my cab for normal day to day use but this will be sold to make way for the corrado :cool:

Here is the 'rado last summer. :cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73480[/ATTACH]

My cab from a few years back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73481[/ATTACH]

Project car.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73482[/ATTACH]

Adam is a good friend of mine. And the one who has me got me bessoted with rados.

All his dubs are amazing. Ill be writing my own hello shortly. But im glad weve joined the club. Hope to have my own soon too.

So no doubt you will be hearing plenty from us

Welcome to you both! I'm sure you'll find this a very friendly and helpful forum. Lovely looking Corrado and the cabby is beautiful too. I'd love to own a cabby one day.

Welcome.

Storm grey? L reg 1994?

I've wondered whether cream will work in grey so would love a door open shot :)

Your mum had fantastic car taste.

Welcome.

Storm grey? L reg 1994?

I've wondered whether cream will work in grey so would love a door open shot :)

Your mum had fantastic car taste.

It works :-)

the Storm Grey with Beige looks sensational, must be quite a unique car. Was it that colour spec from factory or was the Beige added later? Your Golf cabby looks lovely too, I would want to keep both (even if it meant living on a diet of porridge and beans?!)

Thanks guys! As far as i know, it's a factory spec. Doesn't look like anyone has fitted afterwards. Yes Portent, L reg :) and thanks, my mum does have good taste in motors ;)

Pics as requested.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]73556[/ATTACH]

Sadly a heater pipe looks to have split inside the matrix area and now the carpets have got coolant in them, so i will be searching to find out more about this. Today i took the carpet, seat and sound pads out as they were soaked through.

Edited by Adam_sky

They only did storm grey for one year so guessing the reg was easy :) rare colour, not many around now. Looks lovely with the cream interior.

The heater matrix is not uncommon (dash out or become a contortionist - there is a guide on the forum somewhere). Swap for an oem or high quality unit, not an Ebay special unless you want to do it again in a few years.

Edited by Portent

Welcome both!

That's one lovely looking Corrado, love it ;)

Your MK1's look good too :) Are you on the MK1 OC forum as well Adam? You'll find me there with the same user name ;)

Hi, sadly the corrado is no longer with me. I sold it via this forum, but not sure if another member owns it. I am on the MK1 OC forum but son't visit it very often. Thinking of selling my project car as I just can't find the time or money :(