Sign in to follow this  
half-9

Rallye I/C - will it fit my Corrado G60?

Hi,

Sorry if this question has been asked already - Will a Rallye Inercooler fit a Corrado G60 without any body/engine bay mods?

Thanks in advance.

H

I was asking this the other day. If you go for a reallye one then you have to get hold of a u-bend too, but if you go for one off the golf g60 I think it's pretty straight fit. I think.

PM Henny he's the man to talk too, he pointed me in this direction and has done it him self.

I'm pretty sure that the Rallye intercooler is the same dimensions as the Golf G60 intercooler, but has different diameter inlet and outlet pipes... The intercooler should fit with a couple of slight modifications to some of the metalwork on the front of the cooler so you can get your headlamps in... no mods to the car needed ;)

You WILL need ALL of the rallye pipework though, including the charger outlet (with seal and support bar) rubber pipe from the outlet to the intercooler, rubber pipe from the intercooler to the plastic pipe with the CO pot on it, the plastic pipe with the co pot on it, and the rubber pipe which connects to the throttle body....

As I say, I've never messed with a Rallye intercooler, and this info is only based on my experience with a Golf G60 intercooler which I've fitted to my Corrado... 8)

Only prob is the towing eye

I have one to fit and all the associated pipework

Soon, very soon!

Soon, very soon!

So is the Rallye intercooler bigger than the Golf G60 one then? :? (the golf one just drops straight in with only a mod to the upper front of it needed so the headlamps will fit! )

Soon, very soon!

Think if you can fit this I/C then you should be able to miss the towing eye with a rallye I/C...just a thought.

Ben

JESUS :shock: :shock:

How did you manage to get that to fit??

Would it do a bit too much cooling on a g60 though?

P.S.

That's one hell of a spec list Biggerbigben!!!!

thats a sprinter van intercooler that big ben has, the raylle is slighlty smaller. The raylle and mk2 golf g60 intercooelrs are the same, the dimenssions are the same. the only difference is the inlets which are slightly bigger my a few mm but no difference in performance i would say. I have a golf mk2 intercooler system complete with all the bends and piping for sale. This replaces the whole boost system of the corrado from charger exhaust to throttle body. It will be up for sale on the for sale section soon. These systems are rare :shock: i was going to keep it for myself as i been looking for a long time for one but iv changed my mind on my project. It will be up for sale for £600 including a new rubber seal for the 180 degree bend.

JESUS :shock: :shock:

How did you manage to get that to fit??

Would it do a bit too much cooling on a g60 though?

P.S.

That's one hell of a spec list Biggerbigben!!!!

It fits fine with a little tampering 8) My car will be on the corrado club's stand for inters so you can have a look at it there..

It does fit, it is the inlet pipe to the intercooler that hits the towing eye arm.

It si very minimal and i rekon with some minor mods nothing needs to be cut back.

Here is a pic i got off vortex a while back

corrado%20with%20rallye%20fmic1.jpg

rallye%20fmic.jpg

In the first pic the towing eye is gone

As for the sprinter one, that will work with a turbo, because the piping comes from the back of the engine, on a G60 i feel it is too toght.

Having said that i know of lots of mk1 g60's running that intercooler.

I think that G man's old corrado ran a sprinter fmic :o

I have seen the sprinter I/C mounted behind the front bumper before, but the towing eye will have to go, got a pic somewhere, will try and find it.

Also Darren (G-man) managed to fit a Sprinter IC to his old G60 so it can be done. Drop him a line if you need more info.