G60  CS

How do I remove pullies....

I'm in the process of changing my supercharger bracket due to a sheared bolt and changing my toothed pulley kit back to standard. I have removed the charger, charger bracket, alternator, rs/r outlet.

Next I need to remove the crank and water pump pullies, how do I lock them off so I can undo the studs ?

Crank pulley: Use a socket on the big bolt in the middle to hold it tight, while undoing the 6mm allen-bolts..

Waterpump pulley: Hold it tight using f.ex. the old belt, a big plier (oil filter plier?), or poke a screwdriver through the pulley (can't remember if it works on this one..)

I've found it best to leave the belts on and use two allen key sockets on different bolts, slackening and tightening al lof them until you can get all of them free, the bolts shoudln't be massively tight but don't attempt to grip them with anything that could distort them, like mole-grips etc.

Cherrs Time to go get some big grips by the sound of it !

---------- Post added at 1:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:00 PM ----------

I've got the right tool for the Allen key studs its just how to lock off the pullies so I can undo them, Wormy cheers for that

Hmm mine are deffo Allen studs my current problem is they refuse to undo and are now rounded on the crank pulley :( they're ridiculously tight on the crank pulley, can't seem to lock off the water pump pulley either. Think my only option is to try and get one heat on them

I had to drill the heads off mine.

Once the pulleys were off the bolts undid by hand.

Yup, that's what I did on my first engine also..

It's the head that keeps it tight, the threads themselves should unscrew once the head is off.. :-)

Irwins and a 24v impact wrench on way, one of those two should sort it,got all new bolts to put everything back together so if I do have to grind em off i will be ok. What confuses me is that these pullies have been off less than a 1000 miles ago and a couple of the bolts are new so shouldn't be that difficult

Man of the match goes to my 10mm Irwin bolt gripper that's successfully undone all the pulley bolts so now it's all off time for a clean up and then refit the standard pulleys still the chance of a drive tomorrow :) and to make next weekends meet :)