Sign in to follow this  
herisites

Blackberry R32 for £3500 ono in Rushden, Northamptonshire

R32 | Blackberry | Rushden, Northamptonshire

Price: £3500 ono

Description:

Well the time has finally come to advertise my Corrado :( it's a sad day but it's just sat looking sorry for itself and I just can't justify keeping it any longer so it needs to go as I need to spend a bit of money on my Audi plus I'm after a motorbike lol.

The car is in relatively good condition for it's age but is by no means a perfect car and will ideally need a bit of time and money spent on her to get back up to standard, hence the low asking price! I will list good and bad points including things that need doing below.

DESCRIPTION

Corrado R32 (formerly VR6)

1995/M Reg (M58 FGN)

Mileage: 160k

Tax: SORN

MOT: June 2013

I purchased the car in August 2006 as a mint Blackberry VR6 with about 125k miles on the clock and over the years has had pretty much everything done to it! I won't go in to too many details on here so if you want to trawl through many many many pages of the car's history you can do so here:

http://goo.gl/H5ZRT

Details below :)

ENGINE

- MK5 Golf R32 3.2 24v (278bhp at Stealth Racing).

The donor engine came out of a MK5 Golf that had only covered ~12000 miles and had an interior fire which wrote the car off. Engine was mint, wiring loom was a bit of a mess but this was professionally rebuilt and adapted for the installation by Vince at Stealth Racing and he did a great job! The

engine is running stock management but with some tweaking to the ECU by Vince to adapt for all the missing Golf things like immobilizer and all 4 lambdas (runs 2).

The car itself had about 155k on the clock when the engine was fitted.

The engine had a fresh map by Vince last year (June) when I also had the clutch done which ironed out the flat spots and greatly improved the delivery of the engine, it's sublime now and returns an average of 27 MPG, not bad!

ENGINE BAY

- SPAL slimline fan (needed for R32 conv)

- Fuel pressure regulator (needed for R32 conv)

- Jetex cone filter (ideally needs replacing as a bit manky)

- Renewed mounts

GEARBOX

- Standard and original with new clutch fitted in June '12 (barely covered any miles at all since then!). Oil renewed with Redline MT-90 when engine was fitted.

EXHAUST

- Miltek cat-back exhaust system in to Dubpower de-cat in to Dubpower 6-branch stainless manifold.

SUSPENSION / STEERING / HANDLING

- GAZ GHA adjustable Coilovers (couple of years old although only covered about 5k miles!)

- Bushes and ball joints all round have been renewed at some point including uprated R32 wishbone bushes (less flex but not as harsh as poly bushes).

- Fixed steering column, BIG improvement on steering feel imo, sits at a perfect height (between highest and lowest settings on the original adjustable column) includes the correct cowling.

- Neuspeed 25mm rear ARB.

- Trimsport rear brace (the BIG one)

BRAKES

- Upgraded to 288mm with calipers and pads.

- Rears are standard

EXTERIOR

- 90mm chin spoiler (cracked)

- All red rear lights (stick on with cut out slits to allow some amber through!)

- Both badged and badgeless grills (also with R32 badge)

- De-wipered rear

- Aero front wipers

- Smooth badgeless rear

- Detailed headlights

- Handles don't break thanks to Dave16v's wonderful upgraded strikers.

WHEELS / TYRES

- Standard Speedlines with Pirelli P6000 tyres, not got a lot of life in them though.

INTERIOR

- Beige leather interior, could be heated but I never wired them in! The leather is not in the best condition really, the rear seats are fine tho.

- Black dash

- DDI Dials (not illuminating!)

- Kenwood head unit (relatively new)

- JBL front crossover speakers and tweeters

- 2 parcel shelves. 1 uncut beige one with original straps (worth a fortune on eBay ;) lol) and a cut black one with some JBL 6x9's.

- Audi VDO gauges (not wired in)

BAD POINTS / NEEDS DOING

- No tax (SORN'd)

- Will probably need a new battery as the current one has been flat and recharged numerous times so can't see it holding charge for long.

- Cracked windscreen (easily sorted through insurance)

- DDI dials no longer illuminate making it very difficult to see speedo/clocks in the dark! (new DDI dials are ~£100 last time I looked or you could source original parts)

- Sunroof is getting a bit sticky, greased it up last year but ideally needs a strip down and proper greasing, only on slide though, it still tilts fine.

- Needs a good wheel alignment, pulls a bit as I would have just done it by eye last time I did bushes/suspension work and not had the alignment done properly.

- Worn leather drivers seat (down to age really)

- Cracked splitter

- No alarm / immobilizer. Used to have a Toad Cat1 but it died!

- Generally tiring bodywork due to age and mostly being original. Has scratches and scuffs mainly at the front, stone chips a plenty, the odd parking ding, the odd rust bubble, annoying small dent on the front of the bonnet caused by ice chucked up by a car in front one winter! The majority is

good and it still polishes up well for it's age but ideally it could do with a bit of paint up the front really (the rear is pretty mint as a woman ran in to the back of the car a few years back not causing much damage but was enough to get an insurance job done so was fixed and painted by the great

Steve Denton at Stylehaus in Northampton and whilst at it he smoothed it all off for me!).

GOOD POINTS

- It's a Corrado

- It's Blackberry

- It's got Beige leather ... mmmm beige!

- R32 engine runs sweeeet and returns very good MPG considering!

- It's solid underneath and drives solid too so nothing to worry about underneath for a while!

- New clutch barely covered any miles

- Plenty of must-have goodies included

I have probably missed some out but it'll all be in my thread in the link at the top!

I have tried to be honest with this listing, it's not perfect but it's also not a pile of junk either. It was running and driving perfectly fine the last time I was using it (briefly before christmas) and it now just needs a loving owner with a few spare weekends and with a spare few quid to make it a great car

again, and with a bit more time and money could really be an amazing car. I have just lost the enthusiasm and don't have the time or money these days to spend on a car, even a Corrado :(

£3500 or a sensible offer (a lot less than the conversion alone would cost you!)

If interested PM me on here or preferably email me [email protected] because my phone's playing up a bit at the min and in the middle of upgrading, but I'm always checking my emails (web developer so always on a computer!) so email will be the quickest way to get hold of me really.

Much love,

Rob xx

Edited by herisites