G60  CS

Wipers only work on high

I have a 92 G60 Corrado

My front wipers have just started only working on high speed setting. I've changed the motor for a known good one, tested relay 18 by pulling it , had no wipers at all then , the front wipers I believe share a fuse with the screen wash which is working so am I right in thinking I need a new stalk ?

May be worth checking where the wiring plugs into the stalk itself too before replacing with a little WD40 or something.

If it is a late style stalk i have one on my breaking thread too :)

Think it's the relay if it'll only work on top speed. You need to get a new relay or one from a breaker. Had the same myself but just reseating it was enough to make it behave again! :)

i had this issue but it was wipers wouldn't go off lol took relay out shook it and put it back in.. worked fine lol

i had this issue but it was wipers wouldn't go off lol took relay out shook it and put it back in.. worked fine lol

:lol: Gotta love Corrados

Thanks for the the replies

Kip great to meet you at Stanford, cheers for the pass had a great day ;)

I took out relay 18, wipers didn't work at all without it in, surely if the relay had failed the wipers would still work on the top speed ? I have a spare ill check and try it if I have . I also have some electrical contact spray, will give that a go too.

I'm pretty sure it'll end up being the stalk but its an early one I'm after.

Kip do you have a late nearside fog on your breaker ?

Edited by G60 CS

Thanks for the the replies

Kip great to meet you at Stanford, cheers for the pass had a great day ;)

I took out relay 18, wipers didn't work at all without it in, surely if the relay had failed the wipers would still work on the top speed ? I have a spare ill check and try it if I have . I also have some electrical contact spray, will give that a go too.

I'm pretty sure it'll end up being the stalk but its an early one I'm after.

Kip do you have a late nearside fog on your breaker ?

Well I'm still willing to bet my money on it being the relay that's at fault...... :)

If its the relay, you might want to update it by fitting one of those programmable wiper relays. So that you can change timing of the intermittent wipe, a very useful feature and its just a plug and play mod.

I have a standard working relay, if you need it.

Cheers Sankey I was looking at those programmable ones, anyone got a part number or better still a Bosch number ?

Relay 99, available from lots of VAG group cars in any scrapyard for about £1.

Fogs went a while ago i'm afraid.

Worth an ask :)

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Relay 99, available from lots of VAG group cars in any scrapyard for about £1.

Wullie I did read it was relay 99 elsewhere but it said it was a direct replacement for relay 9 or 19 I think ? My car has relay 18 so wasnt sure it was compatable. Maybe I can get a secondhand one for a quid but I'd rather get new, i have a mate who works for a company supplying Bosch parts so I get them pretty cheap, last relay I bought was £17 at gsf but £3 off my mate. Buying new gives me a bit more piece of mind which being a a G60 owner is priceless lol