Ray1965

Suspect Coil pack? HELP.

Today my 1995 vr6 corrado, started and the engine ran fine it was then parked up for hour and a half. it started ok but was running on only 4 cylinders, checked the HT leads etc, and they are ok. Number 3 and 4 cylinders are not getting a spark (HT leads and plugs again ok) so does this point to a faulty coil pack? if so weres the best place in the uk to get a repalcement. Also i was thinking if there is anyone in my area (Rotherham South Yorks) if they had a spare pack i could try? as i have picked up in a post on the forum sounds like a good idea, to deffo determine if it is the coil pack at fault.

Definitely sounds like it. You can try spraying a fine water mist over the coilpack in the dark - sparking indicates definite failure, but no sparking doesn't mean it's ok...

GSF sold me one for £90ish last time I was struggling with one. Ended up fitting my spare instead (after covering it in epoxy) and they gave me a full refund when I took it back, so maybe go buy one and take it back if it doesn't fix it? I'm quite confident it will though ;)

Stone

YES sorted! Bought a replacement from GSF, after the coil pack was removed and found a 2cm crack in the body and it had rusty water stains on the joint between the bakerlight and the heat sink. Replacement was a Beru make same as what i took off price was £140.

Just glad it is back on all 6 pots now.