Sign in to follow this  
dan95x

Moonlight Blue VR6 for £2000 in Cardiff/Walsall (West Mids)

VR6 | Moonlight Blue | Cardiff/Walsall (West Mids)

Price: £2000

Description:

It is a sad day - I am regretfully putting my VR up for sale!

Due to a recently very complicated life, including a break-up, moving house and ending up dossing on friends/my parents sofa, I have come to the conclusion that I temporarily at least can't keep the VR - I know everyone always bangs on about a reluctant sale, but it really, really is! Anyway, enough of the sob story, have some facts:

Moonlight Blue M(94) Reg VR6. Taxed till end of June '13 and Mot'd till July. 174,000 miles but you would never really guess it from the interior and the way it drives (mileage will rise as still in use until prised out of my hands) - Reasonably standard engine wise, and a few choice modifications (all reversible if required):

Good Bits:

- Strong engine - May have done reasonable mileage, but pulls like a train. Uses no oil/water at all. Standard other than a cone filter and Magnecor leads, and was rolling-roaded by a previous owner (I believe who is/was on here) at 209bhp.

- There is a fair bit of service history with it, and according to the previous owner the timing chains have been done (no receipt, although I am prepared to believe it as no nasty noises etc)

- Brand New Starter Motor fitted a couple of months ago

- ELECTRIC RECAROS!! - If I am honest, one of the main reasons I bought it in the first place. Half leather electric Recaros (proper Corrado ones). From a left hooker, in good condition with only a little bit of wear (see pics) - They are probably worth virtually half the price of the car alone from a hunt around the net! First Aid kit & Warning Triangle still present.

- Two keys still present, and a fully working, none-pain-in-the-bum full closure alarm/immobiliser!

- KW V1 Inox Line coilovers - Not seized (I adjusted them recently) and a really nice ride for coilies. They are not wound down stupidly low, so plenty of scope to go up, down or stay the same dependant on your taste.

- Cat Back Magnex Stainless Exhaust - Not too loud, but a perfect VR burble/roar when you give it some welly (driving through tunnels has become my new favourite pursuit!)

- Full Samco Hose Kit

- Oil, filter & plugs done this month

- Magnacor HT leads

- 312mm front brakes (TT/S3 calipers and discs) - New pads and Discs fitted this month. These really do make it stop like a much more modern car - best mod you can do to a VR in my humble opinion! Looks to me like back calipers have been refurbed at some point in relatively recent history (although prior to me) too.

- Lupo GTI (I think, possibly TT if not) wiper arms and blades - Whether Lupo or TT, definitely the 'proper' job, with the proper arms, not just ebay flat blades on normal arms.

- Relayed Headlights - Second to the brakes, must be the best mod to a VR (or any old VW!) as good as the Xenons on my old A3 in my opinion

- All the electrics (except the sunroof - see below) work, seriously! on a Corrado! - spoiler works both on switch and automatically, one-touch electric windows work, electric mirrors work, lights work, heater works on all speeds, even the windscreen wipers work fairly well for a rado!

- New Battery (4 year Guarantee) fitted about 2 months ago

- Both front wheel bearings done in Dec/Jan (cant remember off the top of my head, but have receipts - one of the few jobs I let the garage do rather than me due to pain factor!)

- New Aux belt and tensioner fitted in March

- Has been unbelievably reliable given it is a 20 year old, handbuilt, V6 sports coupe! Until a month ago I was doing 150 miles a day in it virtually every day, and even now I am doing Mondays Walsall to Cardiff, business miles during the week then back to Walsall on a Friday, with no problems.

- Is actually reasonably un-thirsty (for what it is) - I am getting real world 32/33mpg on the motorway if not driven hard.

I am sure that there is probably more than that, but will add to the advert if I think of it.

Bad Bits:

- Slight power steering fluid leak on one pipe - easy enough to sort but not had the time

- Sunroof very recently started playing up and wont currently open - Not had time to look at it/sort, but am guessing it is the usual corrado fun and games!

- Gearchange is a bit sloppy - 174K miles has taken it's toll on the gearchange a touch. I am 99% sure it is wear on the shifter mechanism (on top of the box where the cables fix to) as my high mileage A3 with a similar setup went exactly the same - Again an easy fix with the new part, but frankly it has never bothered me too much to do.

- Bodywork is a bit tatty - Overall looks good from 4 feet away, but there are a number of small dinks, stonechips etc - It is 20 years old and Dark Blue, so they tend to stand out, but frankly overall pretty presentable

- Passenger side door is not blue! A previous owner scraped the passenger side along a low wall/post, wrecking the door, wing and taking some paint off the sill. Wing has been replaced with a moonlight blue one, but the door is light purple. In the flesh, it actually (believe it or not) isn't that noticeable, but it needs sorting really. I was going to get someone to blow it over the right colour, and touch in the paint on the sill at the same time. Equally you could replace the door with a moonlight blue one - see the pics to see what I mean.

- Needs at least 2 new tyres (although they are only 16s, so not too pricey)

Again that is all I can think of, but always prefer to be honest, so if I think of anything else, I will add it to the advert.

Overall it is a good, usable corrado, that with some tidying up (like I planned to do before the world conspired against me) could be a really nice one, and you can still drive it around while you sort it all out!

Is no longer on the BBS as in some of the photos, and is now back on the 5 spoke speedlines as in some of the other pictures. Can get extra pics if anyone wants (is a touch difficult as the ex-mrs got custody of the camera in the breakup, so would only be crappy phone pics!) but would really like any prospective buyer to come and look at it. I am aware that it is almost definitely worth a bit more in bits, but would rather not break a perfectly good car, plus my circumstances make that difficult at the minute, but if there are no takers, that is probably what I would have to do (with tears in my eyes!)

DSC_7755-1.jpg

DSC_7756.jpg

DSC_7757.jpg

DSC_7759.jpg

DSC_7770.jpg

rado1.jpg

orig9.jpg

orig6.jpg

orig8.jpg

Can be viewed in Cardiff City Centre in the week, and Walsall, West Mids most weekends

Cheers for looking, any questions, just shout

Dan

Edited by dan95x
Photos!