sexybourbon

question about de cat

Last time i de catted the vr the pipe tended to sound quite tinny wen you planted your foot down , it wasnt blowing or anything like that , i was wondering if this time around before i put the decat in i could heat wrap it to deaded some of the tinny noise , only thing is im sure somewer i read that its not good for either the rest of the system or the de cat pipe , i cant remember wich one or if im even right and i didnt just read something different about exhausts , it wont effect the suitcase bix because there isnt one , the system will consist if standard downpipes and straight theough to a magnex back box

Cheers

Ive got a sports cat on the VR and it sounds tinny, like a sucking noise at low revs, disappears or cant be heard on high revs/speed.

I had the same issue with a 6 branch manifold, the sound of the exhaust passing through the tubing caused a tinny sucking noise.. i did wrap it and it deadened it a little but only so much. Try it, got nothing to lose.

I think ill give it a go i just thought id read that it was bad for some part of the exhaust something to do with one part being hotter than the rest but i suppose the manifolds get wrapped and thats usualy the only part of the exhaust tjat gets wrapped in it

I think ill give it a go i just thought id read that it was bad for some part of the exhaust something to do with one part being hotter than the rest but i suppose the manifolds get wrapped and thats usualy the only part of the exhaust tjat gets wrapped in it

Wrapping the cat itself would be a no no and wrapping cast iron manifolds would be bad as they would crack.