sharpy-vr6

My special rotrex supercharger help wanted

As some of you may have seen in the for sale section I was looking at selling my supercharger when I realised that it may be something a little special.

it appears I may have a 2 speed gearbox attached to my c30-94 rotrex charger, however im struggling with my research and wondering if anybody can help.

here is what I have found.

Firstly this is what a standard rotrex c30-94 supercharger looks like.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74291[/ATTACH]

And this is how my model looks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74294[/ATTACH]

As you can see my model is exactly the same up to a point and then there is an extra casing attached to the side. when I purchased this a fair few months ago it was advertised on ebay as a c30-94 rotrex charger. in the description it said about 2 speed gearboxing however I just presumed this was standard for rotrex.

so I did a little Google search into the matter and found a company called Antonov did make a 2 speed tranny box for rotrex superchargers and they unveiled their product attached to a ford mustang. the idea in the gearbox was to allow for higher boost and more torque at low rpm, and after the engine had hit a higher rpm the gearbox would change bringing the boost back inline with standard figures.

however there isn't a large amount of detailed information online that I can find other then a few videos and a couple of blog/ forum posts. I found these pictures of the inner workings of the box and also a build put into a lexus engine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74292[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]74293[/ATTACH]

As you can see the supercharger looks identical to mine however the only markings I can find on my unit are these......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74295[/ATTACH]

I doubt these marking are useful and I am not brave enough to remove the gearbox casing to check for more signs just wondering if anyone can spread some light on the matter.

Thanks for listening