bdnewyork

Starting VR6 Resurrection Project

Greetings All,

I'm happy to find this enthusiastic forum and thank members in advance for insight and guidance. I'm the original owner of a '93 Corrado VR6 that I ordered to my specification some 20 years ago and somehow haven't quite ever been able to part with. Lord knows how many notes I've found under wipers, etc. over the years. Remarkably though, it remains mine; but hasn't seen use in years. Last time I started it in July '12 it spewed gasoline all over the driveway... Scary.

Tomorrow a flat bed will take it off to a new Corrado-centric shop I've negotiated with and we'll begin to see what's what. I've decided to return the VR6 back to the road where she belongs. The car has 105k miles on it. It's going to need brakes, tires, timing chain and we'll see what else is suggested. Sunroof cable broke on one side years ago, ABS is acting up - spuriously activating from time to time.

Tires on the car now remain the Bridgestone Potenza S02 Pole Position from God knows how many years ago: cracked, soft and toasted. I'm planning on 205 50 15 Yokohama S-Drives from Tire Rack on the stock wheels to keep costs down and offer a good compromise.

New discs/rotors/pads all around from AutohauzAZ. Calipers - we'll have to wait and see what's what.

Looking to do a tasteful near-stock restoration for daily driving; but open to smart upgrades.

Wherever did I put that big yellow Bentley's book?

It will surely be a saga; but I'm quite happy that I have the enviable position of bringing my one-owner VR6 back to life. I'll provide details as the process develops and undoubtedly be asking opinions of those of you who now know more then I do of this 20 year old gem. Thanks everyone.

Regards,

bdnewyork

BD, Welcome, Sounds great to me- One owner car!!! Give us some pics to chew on until you get her back on the road??!! :thumbleft:

Welcome, sounds like a fantastic project. I wish I had owned one from new. Looking forward to seeing updates/progress report. Definitely get some photos up asap