MandolinRefugee

Beginner's luck!

Hi, all, new to the forum, and this is my first post.

I'm living in Japan, and I've just bought a VR6 Corrado sight unseen from a dealer auction. When it arrived, I was chuffed to discover it is an original Volkswagen Motorsports VSR (I think). After doing a bit of searching on the Internet about what exactly I have, I realized that I had a great deal of luck and the seller of the car must not have known what he had.

Still, there's not a lot of info out there about the VSR, I've only seen a couple of the intakes for sale. This car had a plate riveted onto to the upper rad support that says VW Motorsports VSR VWMJ 002. I'm assuming this is some kind of limited edition corrado, built like this from the factory? Anyways, whatever info people have about it, I'd appreciate it. The cars that I've seen in the posts about intakes for sale didn't have the VSR plaque on them, so I'm holdings fingers crossed a bit, hoping I've got something a bit special.

Lucky Man- Sounds and looks amazing! What condition is the rest of the car in- Looks excellent? Dont know much about VSR editions but yours sounds authentic with the numbered plates and all- already a special car with a touch more!!! Nothing wrong with that!!

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the forum.

A lucky purchase indeed with the VSR. More pics required! :D

I'm a bit too clueless to explain but here's a Wikipedia page that'll explain: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable-length_intake_manifold

In the context of the Corrado is was a bolt on option produced by VW Motorsport to replace the standard intake manifold on the VR6.. I think you could buy them as an option when buying a new Corrado though not entirely sure on that.

Does sound like an interesting verion of the Corrado you've got - would be interested to see a lot more pictures including the VSR and stuff like the interior..

VW Motorsports VSR VWMJ 002.

Wow, thats a beauty.

I'm not sure but if that's the serial number you have no.2 of 500. Special indeed!

maybe that C was tuned by ABT , if so thats fu...kin rare ,

also what is the gerbox in ? 5 or 6 gear

defenetly We need more pics of everything

Welcome to the forum. Nice, looks like you've luckily stumbled across and unearthed a bit of a gem there!

It's always great to see these rare beasties when they pop up out of nowhere. Maybe it was ordered brand new with the VSR option fitted and then sent to ABT for a tuning package - engine, suspension, wheels and brakes. It has a VSR grille badge too, interesting, plus the potentially factory fitted rad. support VWM serial number plate.

Could this be a genuine factory VW Motorsport dept. Corrado? Never heard of a VWM chassis plate before.

You should call VW in Japan and try to find out some more info. on the car's history using the VIN and registration plates.

We definately need to see loads of pics. please! and where was the car originally purchased / registered, Germany?

I think the VSR was a factory option there and wasn't ABT a German tuning company back in the 90's?

What does the service history tell you (if it has some?) and is it in German, Japanese or both!?

Anyway, look forward to hearing and seeing more about the car soon.

Edited by Philstrm250

Wheres the MAndolin Refugee with the pics!!? Out on the road with a huge grin on his face, I bet!!! DRops a pic of this rare Rado and then disapears- Perhaps a Japanese Triad has intercepted and claimed the car for themselves!!!!!!!!!

Hey bud, you've disappeared!? Come back and share your amazing Corrado with us please.

I've started a new thread on VW Motorsport Corrado history and I'm sure alot of members would love to hear more about your car mate, post up some pics. and info. on my thread, it's in the general car chat section of the forum.

Your car's the missing link! Never heard of or seen another one like it.

Cheers,

Phil

Edited by Philstrm250

Probably worth emailing the guy, he's not been once since he started the thread over a month ago.

I've PM'ed him, I can't find his email address tho.

VR6 - Could you either email him or PM me his email address please, if you have it? It's not on his profile.

Cheers

Give it a few days first, see if he responds to your PM. I would rather not give out members email addresses unless the situation really warrants it. Drop me a PM if you have no luck and I might drop him an email.