markyboyxx

the HEATER MATRIX

having replaced the hoses radiator, water pumps etc, thought id better do the heater matix.

car has done best part of 200k, still fabulous, love her and forgive her any issues...

having done a couple of golfs, knew what I was getting in to, but though after reading all the links on here and many other sites, decided I would do the three hour method!!!

WELL after three days of on and off work in the garage, I have it out, and have found that the original one is perfect!!! still no harm in replacing this.. as I still have water in the back of the seat well behind me.

my other half, explained is it just the water pipe from the rear window wiper... I hate it when they are right

will post some pics of her in 100 pieces.

this is just to amuse those that read it...

did this job on tuesday on a friends vr, oh my what fun, prob 6 hrs start to finsh incc lunnch haha

suppose now i know how to do it when mine finally goes

did this job on tuesday on a friends vr, oh my what fun, prob 6 hrs start to finsh incc lunnch haha

suppose now i know how to do it when mine finally goes

well all good, all back together and can confirm only need to take out from under dash, but hated cheap replacement as the hoses were different so bought genuine, and drivers side absolutely soaked with the water, so now know it was that, very pleased, took my time over 4 days.

but pleased all done, even put new felt in box and cleaned all the dust out how sad...

so only now driving with no carpet etc in drivers side, all drying..

hi ya

on the site is a link stating that you can get it out in 3 from under the passenger side dash, which is what I did, but due to the old matrix(I found out), being the original it was slower as all the bolts in the bay and on the electric units where either corroded or hard to find.

but so pleased its done. and as long as it goes back together the same way it all works