Sign in to follow this  
C6 SVR

Dynamat

I'm in the process of fitting replacement door cards front and back and thought I might fit some dynamat in the process to improve speaker sound / reduce road noise.

Expensive stuff though isn't it?

Is it worth the money or are there more cost-effective options?

Andy

Hi Andy,

My brother fitted Dynamat into his old Series McRae Scooby a couple of

years ago. My opinon is that it's definetly worth the money. The Corrado panels are nowhere near as thin as the Subarus tho but it did make a massive difference. I'll be fitting Dynamat to my VR6 when I come to fit

the stereo. There is other less expensive stuff out there too but I've no

experence with it. You'd be aswell keeping you motor full of top grade

stuff in my opinon. :wink:

Pau1

The origanal and extreme dynamatting is expensive, i used to help out every now and then at an ice centre.

I spoke to one of the fitters who recomended the stinger type or brown bread, just as good if not better than dynamat.

I used the brown bread in my car and it does make a great difference, a largish sheet of the brown bread i think is about £14.99.

A word of warnign though ITs HEAVY IN LARGE AMOUNTS

And so is 1 tonne of feathers.......

There are other alternatives to Dynamat - you can get a thicker rubber matting stuff which semms pretty good. Heat it up and it goes sticky - kinda like the felt used to seal flat roofs to be honest!

Nice and thick to stop vibrations though :)

A word of warnign though ITs HEAVY IN LARGE AMOUNTS

And so is 1 tonne of feathers.......

There are other alternatives to Dynamat - you can get a thicker rubber matting stuff which semms pretty good. Heat it up and it goes sticky - kinda like the felt used to seal flat roofs to be honest!

Nice and thick to stop vibrations though :)

yea thats what i was thinking,dynamat is similar to that black rubbery stuff anyway the only difference i think that is covered by a sheet of alluminium on top,but that black rubber carpets that builders use should do and also they pretty cheap,im gonna have a look down B&Q to see what they got :)

I think the stuff you are talking about is called 'Marley Tape' and is available from B&Q. The sound-off guys use this for doors, rear qtrs etc because it is cheaper and lighter - and you can save the Dynamat for the boot where the subs will casue the most vibrations!! :shock: :D

Valver you are a life saver i have been gettin vibrations and i was about to spend loads on Dynamat, now im off to get some Marley Tape. Anyone else with budget Sound mods>