gracielou

Corrado VR6, careful lady owner!

It looks very nice Gracie. Shame about the high insurance premium. The new level playing field between male and female premiums probably hasn't helped your cause. If you could be added as a named driver on your parents policy where you earn your own no claims bonus thid would help after 12 months.

car looks well but they are always a work in progress and never finished.

im also 23 and insure my vr6 for under £1000 and that with a few points, a crash and being a guy in northern ireland which is surprisingly cheap. try changing a few things on your quotes, annual mileage (7000), excess, vehicle value (2500), where its kept (on driveway), usage (driving to single place of work) all made my insurance a lot cheaper

Yeah that's the thing with the classicy cars!!! How many years no claims do you have?

I don't know why mine is quite so much?!

I have tried all the bits to keep it down but there it was chipped to give it back the 10bhp that is has lost during its life, custom manifold am rocker cover and custom stainless steel exhaust all add up to higher premiums.

Just to keep him on the road for now, I am happy that my parents will be using him as a weekend car as it is very cheap for them!

As I have said we need to seriously look at getting the wheels done and the whole car needs a spray! There are other little bits that need doings but are by no means essential!!

car looks well but they are always a work in progress and never finished.

im also 23 and insure my vr6 for under £1000 and that with a few points, a crash and being a guy in northern ireland which is surprisingly cheap. try changing a few things on your quotes, annual mileage (7000), excess, vehicle value (2500), where its kept (on driveway), usage (driving to single place of work) all made my insurance a lot cheaper

Yeah that's the thing with the classicy cars!!! How many years no claims do you have?

I don't know why mine is quite so much?!

I have tried all the bits to keep it down but there it was chipped to give it back the 10bhp that is has lost during its life, custom manifold am rocker cover and custom stainless steel exhaust all add up to higher premiums.

Just to keep him on the road for now, I am happy that my parents will be using him as a weekend car as it is very cheap for them!

As I have said we need to seriously look at getting the wheels done and the whole car needs a spray! There are other little bits that need doings but are by no means essential!!

---------- Post added at 7:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:47 PM ----------

It looks very nice Gracie. Shame about the high insurance premium. The new level playing field between male and female premiums probably hasn't helped your cause. If you could be added as a named driver on your parents policy where you earn your own no claims bonus thid would help after 12 months.

My parents company won't insure me until I am 25 :(

Gracielou - Welcome to the Forum.

If ever you want to get rid of your parents, I am looking for replacements ones and yours sound ideal.

Good luck with sorting the insurance soon.

[ATTACH]75084[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75085[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75086[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75087[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75088[/ATTACH]

Hey Guys!!!

These are a few pictures from IG (@gracieloutdi) ( anyone else have IG???? )

You wanted pics so here they are!!! They are not fantastic granted, but I don't have a huge amount of snaps for some reason!!

Isn't he a beauty!!!

Do we all approve???

Gracie x

Just added you on instagram..

im 23 and this im on my 3rd C first 2.0 16v when I was 17 and vr6 when I was 19 now another vr storm cheapes I got it was with elephant with my mother and father named drivers. I have no no claims bonus and no accidents or points I pay £700. but the strange thing I found is mine has a cat 1 alarm and immobiliser and a tracker when I declare them mods the price goes up too 900 but when I spoke to the man on the phone I said im not 100% it works so he said best not too declare them. also when you say custom rocker cover and cam cover what do you mean? polished or painted? and as for the chip have you got receipts for it and fitting? it might not have one? the stainless exhaust I understand but the rest shouldn't really need to be declared surely?

im 23 and this im on my 3rd C first 2.0 16v when I was 17 and vr6 when I was 19 now another vr storm cheapes I got it was with elephant with my mother and father named drivers. I have no no claims bonus and no accidents or points I pay £700. but the strange thing I found is mine has a cat 1 alarm and immobiliser and a tracker when I declare them mods the price goes up too 900 but when I spoke to the man on the phone I said im not 100% it works so he said best not too declare them. also when you say custom rocker cover and cam cover what do you mean? polished or painted? and as for the chip have you got receipts for it and fitting? it might not have one? the stainless exhaust I understand but the rest shouldn't really need to be declared surely?

I am with elephant and the moment and they have been really good up until now! You would think the alarm and immobiliser would make it cheaper.......I know mine works because it can be a right pain in the bum! It is deffo chipped.

I just declare the wheels, brake lines etc just because I know what insurance companies are like, anything to get out of paying out, I just declare everything to avoid getting stung.

I do have mother and father as named drivers and that still didn't help. I have 4 years NC so it shouldn't be this much! Hopefully when I renew the Polo I will look around and see what is out there for the rado again!

I miss driving it like crazy, but I was spending 80 every 2 weeks on fuel and I only go from portchester to southsea :-/ that bit I don't miss!

Thanks for your advice

Gracie x

when I put the corrado on the road after restoration I will be using classic car insurance as it is a lot cheaper, when I was running a cosworth I used to do one year on classic and the next year on normal to keep my no claims bonus. I am not sure what the rules are these days but it may be an idea worth checking

when I put the corrado on the road after restoration I will be using classic car insurance as it is a lot cheaper, when I was running a cosworth I used to do one year on classic and the next year on normal to keep my no claims bonus. I am not sure what the rules are these days but it may be an idea worth checking

Thank you, I will definitely look at that. I have another car that is my daily so I could potentially throw it on classic as I will keep getting my no claims that way.

Thanks!!

Gracie