Jon94VR

Lack of oil temp and outside temp readings

Over the past two days or so, I've gone from oil temp and outside temp displayed on mfa to dashes on the oil temp setting and the outside temp setting disappearing completely (after the oil temp it goes back to the clock on mfa)

Guessing oil temp is a sensor, but not sure about the other, is it a clock problem or just the sensors?

Should mention that I don't even get an oil temp whilst driving, done a long run today involving motorway and still doesn't show oil temp

Edited by Jon94VR

The oil temp will display dasshes until it's reached bout 70 degrees or so, the outside temp is a sensor down by the front grill, next to towing point, maybe gave up or just needs a clean, mine has'nt got sensor on, so does'nt display on mfa but can't say ever bothered me, presume it's just display and does'nt effect engine management, unless anyone knows differently, it's got plug just never had sensor attached

Its got nothing reading though, even after a motorway journey of 15/20 mins, guessing the temp sensor is knackered, which one is it on top of the filter, guessing one is the temp and one is the pressure, but unsure which is which

Should be three sensors there, the small one that looks different to the others is the temp one, seems quite common for the wire to corrode where it meets the connection.