chazrad

1999 Audi B5 S4 Avant 430bhp

SOLD. SOLD. SOLD.

1999 Pre-Facelift Audi S4 Avant 'Stage 3' K04

Ming blue with Silk leather, black carpets and head liner and Aluminium trim.

Bose stereo

Factory HID's

Aircon

Current mileage is 158180 miles and growing steadily through occasional use. This is now a third car.

Oil service 16 Aug 13

Fresh MOT until 15 August 2014. The car flew though yesterday with no advisories.

Tax expires 28 Feb 14.

General

I bought the car in Nov 2012 with 155,850 miles on the clock. This was the 5th car I looked at. The car came with a large amount of service history and all engine and chassis modifications completed by the previous owner – a motorsport mechanic – between Aug 11 and Aug 12 (148 and 155K miles). K04 Turbos and other engine mods completed around 152K and was built to be the ultimate fast road spec. IRO £9000 was spent on the car in parts alone to refresh and upgrade it. It comes with two original keys and a smart Audi S4 keyring. This is a very good example of a well-modified S4. It is bone-dry underneath, no leaks or issues mechanically at all.

Engine

Genuine RS4 K04 turbos completely reconditioned with 360 thrust bearings by Turbo Technics. Paperwork for the turbos included.

Facelift Manifolds

Siemens Deka 630cc injectors - flow checked before installation

Bosch 044 pump in V8 Basket

RS4 Flywheel And Genuine Audi RS4 Clutch kit (chosen to avoid chatter )

19 row mocal oil cooler and thermostatic sandwich plate

JH Motor sports intercooler with Xylan finish satin black pipework, black silicone hose

Full cam-belt kit including water pump, thermostat and tensioner/idlers

N249 Deleted

EGT's Replaced

Lambdas Replaced

MAF Replaced

DV's replaced with 710n's

Samco Silicone TBB

Engine Mounts Replaced

Pre Cats Gutted flex pipes replaced and Downpipes modified with flanges to allow easier fitting.

Both ignition coils replaced to cure a misfire (Nov 13)

United Motorsports remap in Feb 13. Replaced the previous Viper Tuning map. Now silky smooth and very accessible power. Power IRO 430bhp

Stainless steel full exhaust system – quiet and understated.

Major service at 155K in Oct 12: Millers CFS Oil and filters, plugs, air filter, pollen filter, fuel filter, coolant brake fluid, PAS fluid, Gearbox and diff oil etc all replaced

Last oil and filter service at 158K.

Gearbox/Drivetrain

Gearbox replaced with 69k unit from Johnny @ JJB whilst the engine was out for turbo swap.

Rear diff replaced with Low mileage unit and drive shafts with new outer cv boots.

Gearbox mounts replaced

Diff mounts replaced (large front one and the two bushes in the rear frame)

Prop-shaft replaced with good used but fitted with new CV's at the same time

Front Drive shafts stripped cleaned regreased and fitted with new CV boots

R/H rear Wheel bearing replaced

Suspension

All front arms replaced with Meyle HD kit.

All Rear bushes replaced including the ones in the upright bottoms.

Bilstein Dampers and Eibach springs fitted (B12 kit?)

Brakes

Front and rear stainless lines

Brembo Grand Turismo 355mm 4 pot front brake kit (fitted new at 153K miles). Red calipers. 2-piece disks.

B7 RS4 Rear Brakes (fitted used)

Wheels

Genuine BBS CH 18 x 8.5 ET35. All have very light curbing, but I have cleaned them up with tar remover and sealed them with Poorboys wheel sealant

4x matching Michelin Pilot sport 3s. Tyres half worn.

Avus 17in full size spare. Used

Interior

Standard grey leather with aluminium trim. Leather in good condition – cleaned and fed with Gliptone cleaner and conditioner in April 13 – bar some minor wear to bolster on driver’s seat. No other noticeable marks or damage.

Facelift Black S4 overmats. Unmarked and like new. I have used a second overmat over the top to protect the drivers side one.

DIS is v good.

Bose stereo. All speakers, amp and subwoofer working. Minor number of missing pixels on display. I have a spare working Bose front speaker which I’ll include in the sale.

I have also recently acquired a set of perfect condition blue weave carbon trim which will go with the car at the right price.

Retrimmed Dark grey Alcantara steering wheel (from Royal Steering Wheels) with new PFL S4 badge (Jan 14)

Windscreen replaced with pilkington item at the same time as a genuine new top seal

Parrot bluetooth kit MKi9100 with ipod integration etc This works properly through all the speakers and mutes for incoming calls etc

Bodywork

In pretty good condition. Has come up really well with a recent thorough machine polish - but has some marks in line with its age.

Genuine RS4 grill. Replacement stainless S4 badge with new replacement Black Audi grill badge and grill surround primered then sprayed with black Plasticoat (Apr 13)

Original S4 badge on rear. New black Audi rear badge (Apr 13)

Service History:

Absolutely masses of service history with a fully stamped service book plus all receipts dating back to 2004. Also a pile of MOTs and tax discs dating to the same period.

Latest work:

MOT and oil change at 158171 miles with very expensive Castrol Edge 5w40.

Bad points:

One very minor pin dent to OSF wing and a small patch of lacquer peel on NS of front bumper.

1 of the cup holders in the cabin does not work

Horns connected and working but require a bracket to mount them in the engine bay, having had to relocate them when oil cooler was fitted.

Summary

This is an outstanding car that I spent several months searching for (and travelled 200 miles to collect). I have loved every minute of the last 9 months of ownership. I had no plans to sell it. However, my new job requires a 60-mile daily round trip commute and this is simply not the car for it. I hope it goes to a good home and to someone who will look after it.

Private plate not included.

Link to photos:

[url/] http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/chazrad/library/Audi%20S4?sort=3&page=1[/url]

£6000 or near offer.

Car based in Wiltshire

Call Charlie on 07946 four five five 004 or charliesmith76 at a o l .com for more information.

Edited by chazrad
Update