MikLSP

Classic Green VR6 for £1500

VR6 | Classic Green | Mellor (near Blackburn)

Price: SOLD

Description:

Hi all, time for a bank holiday special offer ;-)

I have been looking to sell my Corrado VR6 but recently encountered a problem where it cut out and wouldn't restart. While this is probably something that can be fixed quite easily, a combination of factors has put it some way down my list of priorities at the moment.

Firstly the car is currently at my mum's house in Mellor and I have struggled to find time to get down from Lancaster to work on it due to job change-over, first-time house buying and another addition to our family on the way!

As a result I thought I might post it up here in the hope of a quick sale to someone who can take care of the car and simultaneously help me with costs towards moving home.

So, the car is a '95 N-reg Corrado VR6 manual in Classic Green with 125,000 miles on the clock, MOT until March 2014 and taxed until end Feb 2014.

It's a good car with a lot of features and would provide a good base for someone on here to continue as a nice little project.

The Good:

17" ABT A11 alloy wheels

Full black leather interior in excellent condition, ABT Nardi steering wheel & gear knob

Full closure Cat 1 alarm

Working sunroof (tilts & slides) & fully working spoiler

Upper and lower front anti-roll bars, lower rear anti-roll bar

Schrick 268 cams

Programmable wiper relay, original hazard warning triangle.

Recent Work:

Gearbox rebuild & new clutch

Reconditioned cylinder head, new head gasket, 8 new valves & all valve stem seals

New timing chains, tensioners & guide rails

Cylinders re-honed & new piston rings

Bottom end rebuild, crankshaft polished

Oil pump rebuild, new water pump, new battery

The Bad:

Previous Cat-C accident damage but repaired and on the road for 12 years.

Noisy tappets (unfortunately not replaced in the rebuild).

Bodywork is decent but has a few areas where the paint finish could be better.

Some rust showing on the OSR arch and under the outer skin of drivers door.

Intermittent ABS fault light - ABS does work when the light goes out.

OSF CV joint knocks on full lock.

During my ownership I have had some misfortune with this car (failure of the gearbox closely followed by the timing chain tensioner) which has led me to having had quite a lot of work done as you can see above. Of course my misfortune is to the advantage of the new owner as I have done nearly everything you would typically worry about on a Corrado VR6.

Since the engine and gearbox were sorted I have had no major trouble (until this cut-out problem) and the car usually runs well even managing 35mpg on long cruises!

It will be a shame to see the car go after putting so much into repairs but I am struggling to find time for it at the moment and I hope it can go to someone who will take care of it and keep the progress going in the right direction.

For any more info or questions please call or text on 07708 526638 or PM me here on the forum.

Thanks for looking,

Mik

DSC09655.JPG

DSC09661.JPG

N194+DTP+Engine+1.JPG

N194+DTP+Interior+2.JPG

N194+DTP+Interior+3.JPG

Edited by MikLSP