Sign in to follow this  
ghee60

Who can help?

Right im after one of those alloys outlets that replace the unsightly plastic boxes for the g60, unrated engine mounts, and the definitive guide to removing boost return, also is it possible to keep the boost return but also have the twin inlets using custom pipework?

And what up rated engine mounts are recommended. Oh I also need an oil cooler

G-werks/PitStop can supply all the above I think.

http://www.thinkauto.co.uk do oil cooler kits. IMHO it is best to remove the standard heatexchanger, which means you need a couple of water hoses and the oil filter mounting stub from non-GTI to fill the gaps.

I had std rear mounts on my car and a modified std front mount which was a fair bit stiffer. You could make your own if you have access to a MIG welder and a vice.

Gavin

To keep the boost return and have twin inlets, you'd need some trick piping which basically incoporated another pipe coming off the retun which could lead to a 2nd filter. If u did this though, the inlet for this filter would only be the same size as the retun pipe (2" or somthing), or would have to reduce to this size, which wouldnt be great. If you dont want the sound of the removed boost return, just attach some ducting from the bottom of the throttle body and down out of the engine bay. This should reduce the annoying noise on half throttle and then free up your charger for a proper size second inlet like this.....Its not that neat but it works a treat....

right no problem with welding etc, most of the boost pipes on mine are being replaced with stainless piping, so I was thinking of having the stainless pipe coming from the back of the second inlet to the cone filter mounted above my newely lowered radiator so the cone is behing the grill. Then coming off that stainless pipe another stainless pipe over to the bottom of the throttle body. Wasnt sure about attaching this to the oil breather tho, Id like to use a crank case breather and an oil catch tank, anyone got any pics of that set up?

looking at charger in engine bay, left of charger goes to airbox, right of charger at the top goes round to the bottom of the throttle body. And the maun boost pipe going to the main part of the throttle body.

Now back to the inlet on the charger, on the right side of it. Im thinking of having a stainless pipe attached to it with a cone filter on the end. But between the filter and the charger, on the stainless pipe another pipe going to the bottom of the throttle body. So it keeps the boost return but also has the second inlet

new-inlet-outlet.jpg

new-inlet-outlet2.jpg

Got a new batch of outlets, the reducing silicone should be here the tail end of next week.

cool ill have one of those off ya! also can you do any of the other parts for me?

uprated poly mounts etc a vibratech front mount would also be nice.

Also do you do fmic's?

Yeah Beav, - u know i was ghetto promoting the products.....This is indeed a second inlet adaptor from the good boys at pitstop.....