2sheds

Feeling rediculous! It can't be this hard!

Good afternoon, I'm in process of changing my 9A inlet can over to KR and got as far as taking inlet manifold off and all hose bits, then I got to the rocker cover, nice and simple I thought, undo these 8 bolts and off it comes, erm no. Any ideas? I've hit with a mallet and even set up a lifting bar on pry points, it ain't shifting :bonk::scratch::bonk:

from memory there are bolts round the edges and in the middle, cam cover should pull off fairly readily.

its not held down by anything else, its probably stuck by old oil and the gasket, use a large flat head to ease it up.

Figured as much, didn't want to ruin gasket though as none of my motor places round here are open on a Sunday

that gasket is not under hydraulic pressure, i never bought one new. you'll likely need to check timing and don't over tighten the cam caps.

Edited by aide

There's a thorough guide on clubgti that does a step by step, plus I got my Haynes Passat manual ;)

Top popped a treat and no damage, was hesitant as had a BMW last and that thing split so easily (could've been age I guess)

Thanks for the second opinion though ;)