Sign in to follow this  
vr6paul

a different electric window question

on saturday i put the passenger side window down. when it reached the bottom i hear a big clunk. Without me pushing the button it then returns to the top. Now neither button has an affect on the window. To top it off my girlfriend closed the door when she got out and the window dropped to about half way down. Now even when i push it up it will not stay shut. THe buttons still don't work. I have tried to have a look by taking the door card off and the only thing that looks out of place is a length of rubber which looks to contain a piece of braided copper type material. One end of this goes to the window, half way along the door and the other goes into the motor i think. At the motor end there is also a spring. However this pulls right out of the motor. Should it do this, is this my problem, how do i fix it.

Help

cheers

Paul

It seems that the mechanism has snapped.

anybody know how much i need to replace.

ie is it the whole lot- about £200 is the price for the whole lot

cheers

sounds like the window regulator is knackered. had the same problem on a volvo 480. (don't laugh, it was pretty quick :lol: )

Umm, did you have problems getting the window up/down before the major trouble started? Slow movement, sounds like it was struggling? The problem with regulators is the fact they are so damn fiddly to repair, GSF http://www.gsfcarparts.com might be able to help you. Else GPC http://www.gpcvwaudi.com should come up trumps.

HTH

randal